DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I erase Flight Log on RC controller ? Now full,don't want to upload.

Can I erase Flight Log on RC controller ?

(No I do not want to upload ).
Do you sync logs with DJI? If so then the problem is syncing will automatically replace missing logs.
If you do not sync then connecting the DJI RC to a computer via a USB cable should allow the computer to delete logs, however I would suggest it is better to move logs to the computer etc. rather than delete them.
Also note that as well as the txt flight logs there are or should be .DAT flight logs in the folder whose name starts "MCDATFli". It is likely that they take up more space that the .txt flight logs, with the mini 3 it is possible that those .DATs are readable/processable, if correct then I would be inclined to move them to your computer as well.
You might also be able to delete logs via any file browser that exists on the DJI RC controller.

BTW syncing seems to remove the .DAT so if you have sync'ed you may not have DATs.

Reactions: Christian Irl.
Do you sync logs with DJI? If so then the problem is syncing will automatically replace missing logs.
If you do not sync then connecting the DJI RC to a computer via a USB cable should allow the computer to delete logs, however I would suggest it is better to move logs to the computer etc. rather than delete them.
Also note that as well as the txt flight logs there are or should be .DAT flight logs in the folder whose name starts "MCDATFli". It is likely that they take up more space that the .txt flight logs, with the mini 3 it is possible that those .DATs are readable/processable, if correct then I would be inclined to move them to your computer as well.
You might also be able to delete logs via any file browser that exists on the DJI RC controller.

BTW syncing seems to remove the .DAT so if you have sync'ed you may not have DATs.
Thank you for your reply.Will try cable the RC to PC to delete files.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Don't need to connect to a PC. All you need is an SD card in the DJI RC. This has the advantage of being usable in the field while out flying.

I strongly recommend you copy the records to a dedicated SD card for this purpose before deleting them. You never know when a past flight record may be useful.

I made a screen recording of how to find, and move the flight records to the external SD card:

Last edited:
Don't need to connect to a PC. All you need is an SD card in the DJI RC. This has the advantage of being usable in the field while out flying.

I strongly recommend you copy the records to a dedicated SD card for this purpose before deleting them. You never know when a past flight record may be useful.

I made a screen recording of how to find, and move the flight records to the external SD card:

Thank you for this suggestion and video.I Have a card in it,will try this.Many thanks MP2000.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman