DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I fly a USA Mavic 3 Cine in Germany

pedz

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I'm currently in the "let's see if I can do this" stage of planning a trip to Germany for a month. Should I take my Mavic 3 Cine with me? Is there a place where I can learn the German regulations?

Your Mavic 3 bought in the US does not comply to EU regulations. Just a few deviations - there must be more - that I can think of are the top speed that has been brought down from 75kph to 68kph and also the range or signal strength has been halved.

I'm currently in the "let's see if I can do this" stage of planning a trip to Germany for a month. Should I take my Mavic 3 Cine with me? Is there a place where I can learn the German regulations?
I am German so I can give you this information: In Germany insurance is mandatory, even for recreational flying. Then you need to do an online test at the German equivalent to the FAA:
LBA – OpenUAV
Once passed you'll receive a UAS number which you have to put on your drone.

All that effort is probably not worth it. If you plan to fly in remote areas I would just do it and play dumb when being approached. With you being a foreigner they probably by it ;-)

Your Mavic 3 bought in the US does not comply to EU regulations. Just a few deviations - there must be more - that I can think of are the top speed that has been brought down from 75kph to 68kph and also the range or signal strength has been halved.
Do you know the top speed will not automatically lower?

The transmitters (drone and controller) will automatically reduce output in the EU.

My US purchased (but several shipped from China) have the European certification marks on their stickers. I don't think DJI makes region-specific models. Rather, compliance is achieved through software.

All that effort is probably not worth it. If you plan to fly in remote areas I would just do it and play dumb when being approached. With you being a foreigner they probably by it ;-)
I wouldn't recommend risking this. There are far too many examples of foreigner status being reason to treat the violator more harshly than usual, to basically engage in some power chest-thumping.

Particularly if the foreigner is an American.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga