DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I repeat the same video shot at a later date?

Hank Fink

Reactions
Hey all, I'm wondering if anyone knows if there's a way so I can fly my Mavic 2 Pro in a certain area and have it be able to automatically fly in the same exact location at a later date?
Thanks
Hank

Yes Hank, see Waypoints (an intelligent flight mode for the Mavic Pro) starting on page 30 of your owners manual.

Edits: This is different than the Hyperlapse 'Waypoint' mode (I wish they would not have used the term waypoint for that) mentioned on page 24.

Also note: some people prefer to do Waypoint missions in LITCHI, a 3rd-party controller app that you can use in place of DJI Go 4. LITCHI has been doing it longer, has more mature features / capabilities.

Chris

Last edited:
Litchi. You can upload your missions to their mission hub and fly it as many times as you like until you delete it. Warning: It can make you lazy :) as it is so much easier to hit the "start" button than to manually pilot your drone through a long flight. I know that the Go4 app has some automated features, but I haven't explored any of them yet.

I also love that you can download your Litchi mission as a Virtual Mission and preview it in Google Earth to see exactly what your video will look like when you actually run the mission. I find it helpful to make sure there are no trees, powerlines, etc. that will get in the way.

I use Litchi with my MPP to fly the same exact path for the last year. I'm taking pictures/videos of my G.K. house remodel. Will be something for them to have in years to come.

I sat this up after several trials & now I can fly the same path every time something is changed on the house or yard.

Reactions: zeusfl
Litchi, Drone Deploy, DJI 4 App.
My favorite will be Litchi.

Wow thanks for the suggestions! Litchi seems the way to go haha. Just a thought that popped into my head one day so I had to find out if it was actually a thing.

I also love that you can download your Litchi mission as a Virtual Mission and preview it in Google Earth to see exactly what your video will look like when you actually run the mission. I find it helpful to make sure there are no trees, powerlines, etc. that will get in the way.

HuH!!!!! I had no idea that was a option and I have been using Litchi for about 5 years :p I have always altituded up and then adjusted down on subsequent flights...and probably still will given Google earth is sometimes 10 year old data. ;)

And to the OP...Hank...Once you sync your local Litchi (Your Device) with your account from data at Mission Hub (Online site to plan missions) you don't need to do it again as mentioned above to refly missions. You just open Litchi select it by name you gave, upload to your aircraft and hit "GO" :) The ability to plan your flights on the Mission Hub on your home computer is really the best option if you can use it. Then Sync while at home to your device and then go fly next day or whenever ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Hank Fink
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard