DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I switch from repair to flyaway?

EyDuBrot

Reactions
Hello all,
my drone crashed into a currently flooded area besides a pond. I am very positive that I will be able to recover it in maybe a week, when the water went down again. DJI support told me I can’t switch a flyaway case back to repair if I later find the drone and send it back.

But what if I open a repair case? I then have 10 days to return the drone while I already get sent a replacement, right?

And if I got that right, I could open a repair case for water damage and send the salvaged drone back in a week. And if I don’t find it, DJI will switch it to a flyaway case and I have to pay the difference? Or is there a penalty for that scenario?

Thanks in advance and greetings 😊

From the moment of the crash is there a time limit within which you have to start a claim?
If not then just wait until the water goes down and you know one way or the other.

Reactions: RodPad
One issue with that: I won’t have a drone till then. So it all comes down to what DJI does when you don’t send a drone back in a repair case. I am sure there is a rule for that but I haven’t found it yet

Why would they send out a replacement before they get the one you send in for repair..?

Why would they send out a replacement before they get the one you send in for repair..?
I don't think they do unless you pay the express additional fee. Or they might levy the flyaway fee and then refund if they recieve the drone inside the time allowance.
They do. But can maybe only those get involved who actually help the matter?
Not sure how to interpret that but if you want responsesfrom only those people who KNOW, then perhaps you should ask on the DJI forum where there are DJI staff available, in the shape of the forum's Mods.

Last edited:
There is DJI Care Refresh express. You can use it once. Pay the fee, they send you another drone and you have 14 days to send your broken drone to them. They then refund your money with a small fee subtracted. If you don't send one in they keep the entire amount. The amount they hold at the beginning depends on the type of drone.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne