DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I use a Galexy Tab S6

New to this

Reactions
I have just (For Christmas) bought a DJI Mavic 2 air. Is it possible to use a Samsung Galexy Tab S6 in place of my phone Please. The tablet does not have wifi installed. I connect the tab. to the net via a "hotspot" on my phone. Or, is this a bad idea. Sorry if this is a "silly" question but I am very new to this. Thanks guys

I don't think Wi-Fi is needed as I have flown using my Samsung tablet without problems. Have even seen suggestions to fly and place the unit in "Airplane Mode".

I am sure someone will correct if I am wrong ?

Reactions: New to this
Thanks John does the tablet have its own sim card if not linked to the phone hotspot thanks
Yes it does. Mine is a Verizon tablet and uses mobile data or Hotspot for non-drone use. Neither internet nor wifi nor mobile data is required to connect to the remote. In fact, many suggest wifi be turned off when connected to the rc. GPS is the only external signal. A tablet with no wifi or mobile data connection should still work with your rc.

Thanks Guys I wanted to invest in a "holder" that will take my tablet (eyes arn't as good as they used to be) but my tablet does not have wifi. and did not want to waste my money Thanks again

You may want to enable internet for a bit before TO to cache your map data and to unlock authorization zones if applicable. Other than that, no internet needed.

Thanks Guys I wanted to invest in a "holder" that will take my tablet (eyes arn't as good as they used to be) but my tablet does not have wifi. and did not want to waste my money Thanks again
Your tablet does have wifi, or else you wouldn't be able to use your phone as a hotspot for it. Tablets would be useless without some sort of means to connect to a network.

What you don't have is cellular data. You definitely don't require that.

I use the Tab 8 as the processor is a bit faster. Still no app in the Google play store for it so I downloaded the apk file. I have the PGY tech to hold the tablet but had to buy longer cord to attach the RC to tablet. I did buy a tablet holder that's a small piece of plastic and it slides between the silver antennae bars for the Mavic Air 2 controller and was able to use existing DJI cables.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming