DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I use iPhone and iPad interchangeably?

wps72701

Reactions
Anyone have experience or thoughts on using an iPhone sometimes and then an iPad at other times with DJIfly? I’d like to use them interchangeably but don’t know if that would create problems. Thanks.

Won’t matter which one you use. They will run independently of each other.

Reactions: Brian I
The only "issue" really is cached data like photos that you have set to save to the device. When you use multiple devices they get spread out. Its not a big deal which is why I put issue in quotes but thought I would mention it. Otherwise, I use an iPad mini and an iPhone. The bigger issue with that is having to change the cable since the mini 6 is USB C.

The only "issue" really is cached data like photos that you have set to save to the device. When you use multiple devices they get spread out. Its not a big deal which is why I put issue in quotes but thought I would mention it. Otherwise, I use an iPad mini and an iPhone. The bigger issue with that is having to change the cable since the mini 6 is USB C.
My main concern is the data that is saved on the device and thus wouldn’t be on the other device. If that’s just photos, I see no problem with that. I was more concerned with settings, bindings, and other data along those lines.

My main concern is the data that is saved on the device and thus wouldn’t be on the other device. If that’s just photos, I see no problem with that. I was more concerned with settings, bindings, and other data along those lines.
You will need to customize your settings on each device, the data does not transfer. The only thing that does so far as I know is flight records so you can maintain total hours and flight recording.

You will need to customize your settings on each device, the data does not transfer. The only thing that does so far as I know is flight records so you can maintain total hours and flight recording.
THANKS!

Vaguely relavent to this thread, what is the maximum size of Tablet will the clamps on the RC accommodate please? I'm looking at using an Apple iPad mini 4.
  • Height: 8.0 inches (203.2 mm)
  • Width: 5.3 inches (134.8 mm)
  • Depth: 0.24 inch (6.1 mm)

Vaguely relavent to this thread, what is the maximum size of Tablet will the clamps on the RC accommodate please? I'm looking at using an Apple iPad mini 4.
The largest will be a phone with about a 7" screen. To use the tablet, you will need an adapter either on the tablet or more commonly on the remote to extend the clamp.

An adapter like this
works for me with a longer cable.

Reactions: BillS