DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can litchi and dji go reside in same tablet ok?

as of now the latest of these apps will not work if the other is installed. neither app will connect to ac when both are installed (at least on my android phone). they both work fine on their own but if you install the other even if you never run it there will be no connection.

I still have Go4, Pilot, DroneDeploy, Litchi, etc. on my Samsung Note8 and Tab S4 and run these without any "new" problem.

I use DJIGO4 and Lichti all the time on the same Android based Nvidia Shield K1 Tablet. One must force close each app before launching the other. Lichti even has a big warning message that indicates DJIGO 4 must be force closed.
When one launches the other app there is a small notification at the bottom that asks if one wants to make the app launched the default application always or Just this once. Tap Just this once.

as of now the latest of these apps will not work if the other is installed. neither app will connect to ac when both are installed (at least on my android phone). they both work fine on their own but if you install the other even if you never run it there will be no connection.
You just need to clear the defaults on your phone or tablet.
Instructions here: Help - Litchi
Read the section with the heading: Android.

If you are using Litchi be sure to force stop the DJI app. Sorry if this was suggested already.

er actually you dont...you need to use an earlier version of dji go 4 version 4.1....work with litchi but the latest will not work with litchi installed.

er actually you dont...you need to use an earlier version of dji go 4 version 4.1....work with litchi but the latest will not work with litchi installed.
That sounds highly unlikely.
Can you explain what happens if both are installed?

So you are resurrecting an almost a year old thread because your phone can't run both apps? Let me tell you something, I not only have both installed, I go first to Go4 to check on systems and sensors, close the app from the app manager and then run litchi and fly, I haven't had a single problem EVER

Just flew today using the DJI app with the Litchi app installed on Android. It is very important that only one be running at a time. If you start one, it is not enough to simply exit the app before launching the other. You need to force quit the first one you launched in order to avoid a conflict.

I use a iPad Air and a iPad 2 Mini,and have never had any problems with Litchi! I wish I could say the same about DJI GO4! I also fly a Phantom 3 Pro and use Litchi,and DJI GO to fly it. I fly Litchi 99% of the time. Once you learn how to use the Litchi Way Point Missions,you will never go back to the DJI Go apps! The Constant warnings are a PITA, plus with Litchi you can fly FPV using your phone and a set of VR Goggles.

Reactions: Bill Ludwig
That sounds highly unlikely.
Can you explain what happens if both are installed?
hi if i have them both installed when i plug in the usb i get the choice of either app, but no matter which i choose neither will actually connect to ac.
however if i uninstall the latest dji go 4 and install dji go 4 4.1.x everything works as it should.

On Android you must "Force Close" the DJI Go 4 app and clear the defaults for DJI Go 4 before you run Litchi. This is clearly written in the Litchi manual which may be found on FlyLitchi.com. It is also on the splash screen when Litchi is started. They advise to force close both DJI Go 4 and Litchi and clear defaults for which ever was set. I run Litchi, DJI Go and Dji Go 4 on three android devices with no problems.

Here's the instructions from the User's Guide on FlyLitchi.com. Both apps are installed and work on all of my Android devices.

Connecting Litchi to your drone

First, ensure you are using the latest DJI firmwares on both your aircraft and remote controller if you are using one. You can update the firmware using DJI Go, or for some of the older aircraft models download them from dji.com. Then, depending on your mobile platform, follow the steps below. Android
For remote controllers with a USB connection (Mavic, Phantom 3 Adv/Pro, Phantom 4, Inspire), follow these steps:

1. Make sure no DJI-based apps (including DJI Go, Litchi and other third party DJI drone/osmo apps) are running in the background. If there are any, force kill them
  2. If you have another app (such as DJI Go) set as the default for the remote controller USB connection, you will need to clear the defaults for that app in your mobile device (Settings - Apps - DJI Go (or other app name) - Clear Defaults). Some devices automatically set the app you start as default, so this step may have to be done every time you want to switch app (for example from DJI Go to Litchi and vice versa)
  3. Start your aircraft and remote controller, and let them initialize for a few seconds
  4. Plug the remote controller into the mobile device. For Mavic drones, you can use either the bottom or side USB ports, however make sure to use only one port at once (if 2 cables are plugged in the remote controller, Litchi won't be able to connect)
  5. You will see a popup asking which app to start, select Litchi in the popup to initiate connection

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929