DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can Litchi do waypoints they way the DJI app does?

PeteS2017

Reactions
I am going to get a Mavic Air, now that it can do Litchi waypoints. But as I understand it, it cannot do them on the Go app.

One advantage of the Go app is that you can go through a flight manually, adding waypoints as you go, then run the flight again with the waypoints. This allows for much more accurate positioning than making the waypoints beforehand.

Is there any way you can do this with Litchi?

I am going to get a Mavic Air, now that it can do Litchi waypoints. But as I understand it, it cannot do them on the Go app.

One advantage of the Go app is that you can go through a flight manually, adding waypoints as you go, then run the flight again with the waypoints. This allows for much more accurate positioning than making the waypoints beforehand.

While you can, what would be the point? You are taking the best part of Litchi, the reason many purchased it in the first place, and turning it into a drawback. Just stick with Go4 if you prefer to fly your missions manually. Bring lots of batteries.

Mike

Reactions: Simmo and ksmusa

Yes, you can do this with Litchi but IMHO it is more efficient to preprogram your missions and adjust as needed.

Litchi - setting waypoint during flight, Is this possible?

..One advantage of the Go app is that you can go through a flight manually, adding waypoints as you go, then run the flight again with the waypoints. This allows for much more accurate positioning than making the waypoints beforehand.

Yeah you just fly along in Litchi and press the C1 or C2 key as programmed by you to add a waypoints at the aircraft.

I experimented with this some time ago (with Litchi)nand like you suggest, it allows you to position the drone precisely where you want to mark the waypoints. But in reality I found the GPS positioning was not accurate enough for my needs. The variance from day to day when flying to the same WPTs would lead to the aircraft being quite a few feet away from the desired point. In turn this presented an unacceptable collision with what I was trying to achieve. If someone comes up with a GBAS system it might have worked for me.
However it should work out OK if your route corridor is wide or high enough to clear obstacles.

Thanks for these replies. My idea was to fly around a structure (a ruined castle, for instance) marking waypoints then immediately do a waypoint flight. Planning a waypoint flight before you get to the location is unsatisfactory as Litchi can only allow for terrain height, not height of structures.

There are many reasons for wanting to you C1 and C2 to set waypoints and point of interest. Please don't comment here, (off topic) of your lack of understanding of why C1 and C2 are useful.

My question is ... doesn't always work.
Assume I have to be in: p mode, and fpv mode. What else am I missing?
Thank you

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalinbbc27