DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can Mavic Pro Platinum really fly 3 min more?

HBO

Reactions
Noticing this differences, to have a sinwave from a DC battery means additional devices (maybe not significantly heavier), it definitely require more energy for the conversion/inversion with efficiency losses.
I'm skeptical that it could really fly more.

93aff5f86fefcd496ad6a95595e4fede.jpg

I don't think the claim is false I just wonder how much of it is due to the ESC (if any) and how much of it is due to the props and possibly changing the battery firmware to allow an increase charge and a lower threshold before the battery registers as depleted. Both of these can certainly add more flight time but at what expense? Will batteries used in this drone last as long?

Rob

FW does not allow extra capacity.

Does changing your cars computer allow more fuel to be put in the tank?

We know the battery is never fully charged and we also know that the Mavic cuts off power before the cells get too far depleted. DJI was pretty conservative with those settings. They may have found that they can get away with a bit more and still have reasonable long term battery life. Since we already know that one firmware update adjusted the depletion point upward why do you think they cannot swing it in the other direction with a firmware change?

Rob

I wouldnt think about it too much. Within a month there will be 500 youtube videos demonstrating the 'difference'....

Can the Mavic Pro fly for 27 minutes.....?

Only if you drain every single last milliwatt form the battery which will render it totally damaged.

The claims are bollocks and clearly marketing lies.

The pretty diagram for ESCs doesnt instil a lot of confidence either..

I have heard DJI reps have claimed the motors are different as well. :rolleyes:
The motors do look different, they look tapered from the top to bottom.

With the new props and ESC's, I'm sure that made it more efficient.

Large Compnaies have been known to have 5 year plans/A look to the future.

I'm pretty sure the Mavic Platinum has been on the books for awhile.

The swept-tip rotor design has been used for decades. It reduces noise and drag.
So quieter, more efficient. That could account for the 3 mins and -4 dB straight away.

The rotor design trades this for angle of attack/Tilt angle (ie: performance)

So if you've modded you mav (How you would do that I have no idea);
I'd test the new props before pinning it :p

edit:
PS: I cant wait to see a Mavic Platinum vs Standard Mavic (with Platinum props) flight time,
performance test. Someone please heed the BAF youtube video making call

Last edited:
Can you demonstrate this?

Lipo battery technology is very specific about voltage limits, upper and lower.

The same as the previous answer.

I am unaware that you can increase capacity (physical limitation) with software.

I agree you can alter how that capacity is used, but i doubt DJI are stopping the charge cycle voltage at less than 4.2v per cell.

This has already been hashed out in threads before. I am not going to do the searching for you but if you go back about 5 months you should find posts on battery charging levels and the reserve levels that are left when the drone shuts down.

Rob

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d