DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can Non-Battery Parts of a Mavic Start the Drone Up???

Gordie_Z

Reactions
Electrically, can a Mavic flight controller, sensors, etc. initiate boot-up and cause the fuselage AND the battery to all start up??? Or, can booting only ever be initiated by the battery??? This is a revisit of "Another Drone (Mavic 2) Turning Itself On."

As per mavicpilots.com/threads/battery-fires-up-drone-before-switching-on.99247/[/URL] , Assistant 2 says the firmware is the latest and after getting a few "inconsistent firmware" messages and confirming the updates, both batteries and the controller are up to date. DJI was sent the Mavic 2's DAT Fri., no data analysis from them yet, BUT I must return the drone tomorrow if I'm going to. The camera lacks the "can't get horizontal" problem, and flies true. So I'd prefer to keep the aircraft if there's no way it can be part of the problem rather than take a chance with a new one.

Not knowing anything about electrical, this is my thinking... Maybe the aircraft is at fault because a capacitor discharges and jump starts the battery. If any thing like that is even remotely possible, or if we don't know if it's possible, I return the drone. If it's absolutely impossible for a non-battery component to cause boot-up then the problem MUST be one or both batteries and I keep the drone.

The General Forum provided good advice but I wanted to check with you modders as you're more intimate with your drones. Thanks.

Drone cannot start without battery powered on with switch on battery.

Thanks Dave, I did go the other route...

OK, thanks for everyone's help. Some maintained only a battery can turn a Mavic 2 on but most that replied to this thread or a similar one I asked in another MavicPilots forum felt without knowing if the aircraft OR the battery was initiating the random start-ups that an exchange for a whole new Mavic 2 was the best bet.

So I set up an exchange yesterday. If I ever hear from DJI which component (aircraft or battery) was responsible for the random boot-ups I'll post their response.

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying