DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can someone please help me

The app can only make any communication with the outside world if it is within range of mobile phone signal (if suitably equipped) or wifi.
But even then, it is not relaying any data to DJI.
DJI do not know where DJI drones are and don't have access to your flight data (unless you upload to their server).
Mine is always "within range" not sure what you mean by that. Thanks

Mine is always "within range" not sure what you mean by that. Thanks
I mean that the app isn't calling home and DJI have no way to tap into your app.
DJI cannot tell where your drone is any time.
But if you choose to upload your flight data, they can examine it and tell where you flew in the past.

Reactions: FlyBackOU812
I mean that the app isn't calling home and DJI have no way to tap into your app.
DJI cannot tell where your drone is any time.
But if you choose to upload your flight data, they can examine it and tell where you flew in the past.
Ok, I'm hearing what you're saying a little better, I think maybe understanding the language is an issue for me(Metaphorically) But arent wouldn't that be the same case everytime we do an App update? Thank you for this clarification thus far. Your words are getting through and explains a lot that my lack of technical computer knowledge was allowing to get through especially when you said (its not calling home?)

I agree completly with ones that said how reckless this was and like someone said, blaming it on a 14 year child is far from a good excuse. Just as it would be if you gave him a pistol to go play with and shot someone. Of course an immature child that doesn't think things through and his his father letting him take it on his own is thinking to himself that dad wouldn't let me play with the exciting toy if I could hurt someone so it must be ok to do cuz dad surely knows what I want to do if allowed. I hope noone got hurt or no property was damaged over this very irresponsible parents actions and said child is in no way to be blamed for his actions. That is if there was a child to blame. Im not so sure about that. I think I'd rather tell people I did it myself, and take the blame for that amount of irresponsible act of shooting a pistol than I would telling people i gave my immature 14 year old boy a pistol to play with in the neighborhood. And its for that reason I hope you don't recover it so I most definitely will not be helping you find that pistol just so you can go shoot it some more. Let me ask... do you also give him the keys to your car to drive as well. I appoligize to anyone that reads this this last word but sir you are are fricken IDIOT!!!

Last edited:
When I saw the satellite image and GPS track from AirData I questioned myself why someone was flying a drone over a residential neighbourhood. After reading through the thread it became evident.

KevMcGin

You doing your best as a parent is apparent.
The Drone Police are going to come looking for you for your violation admission and location divulgence.

Cymruflyer said:
Flying at that height is exactly the type of people who make things very difficult for the rest of us to carry out responsible drone flights. If a child was flying it it is the blame goes to the parent for allowing that to happen. There are no excuses and if it was your child, you should simply take his flight privileges' away until he is older and understands the responsibility. I don't want to sound like the drone police but it pisses off many of us to see people doing stupid things that have direct repercussions on our freedom of responsible flight.

KevMcGin said:
Don't be suck a d1ckhead. No-one asked for your opinion.
I asked for some help in finding a drone.

Kev... that may not be the best attitude to gain you friends and people willing to help in finding your drone.
check ebay

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan