DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can the camera on the mavic 2 pro zoom in and out while taking photos and video

Don’t know about photos, but it definitely will for video. You’ll need to use manual setting for the camera if you don’t want the video colors and brightness to potentially change a lot.

Can the camera on the mavic 2 pro zoom in and out while taking photos and video

It can DIGITALLY zoom in/out while taking videos/photos as long as the video resolution is NOT 4K. However, you are always better off cropping or scaling in post rather than digitally zooming in camera.

My advice would be to shoot in 4K and then crop in post.

Reactions: Thomas B
Ok thanks for that advice.I already shoot in 4k so now i can stop trying to zoom in and out.Would you be able to tell me what editor for video is the best for a beginner video editor

The M2 PRO does not have a zoom on the camera itself, like the M2 Zoom does, but you can just do a zoom effect in post when editing.

Don’t know about photos, but it definitely will for video. You’ll need to use manual setting for the camera if you don’t want the video colors and brightness to potentially change a lot.

How do you zoom in video, there is no zoom function on the Hasselblad camera of the Mavic 2 PRO? The OP asked if you can zoom the camera during video shooting and still shooting and the answer would be no.

As said above if you are in less than 4K then you can digitally zoom during video shooting - same as the original Mavic 1 could.
Do you mean by doing the pinch and stretch move on the screen with your fingers while flying and recording?

Ok thanks for that advice.I already shoot in 4k so now i can stop trying to zoom in and out.Would you be able to tell me what editor for video is the best for a beginner video editor

When i started out i used Final Cut Pro from the very start and have never used anything else. Its great, so easy to use and has loads of great features. If your interested i have all kinds of tutorials on my Channel.
Andy

Reactions: brett8883
When i started out i used Final Cut Pro from the very start and have never used anything else. Its great, so easy to use and has loads of great features. If your interested i have all kinds of tutorials on my Channel.
Andy

I too perfer Final Cut Pro as my timeline editor. If you have a Mac iMovie is free and is basically a “Lite” version of Final Cut Pro. It’s a really good place to learn the basics and it’s free.

Reactions: Drone UK
Do you mean by doing the pinch and stretch move on the screen with your fingers while flying and recording?

Actually you're right, you can't do it. I assumed the 5D button would do it like it does on the Mavic (1) but it doesn't. Not sure if you can do it on the screen as you suggest.

Im using a pc windows 10 can you get it for that system or does it only run on mac

No unfortunately you can’t. Devinci Resolve 15 works with PC and it’s free. It’s as good as Final Cut but in my opinion it’s a bit more complicated to use. Certainly a learning curve.

I would also like your thought on using filters

Well for video using ND filters is just kind of a basic fundamental part of the process. For photography you wouldn’t want to use ND filters except for very specific circumstances.

It’s important to understand that just using ND filters doesn’t change the color of your video at all in fact if they do you have bad ones. ND filters are tool to slow down your shutter speed so that it is double your frame rate.

I hate to use a manufactures site as a reference source but PolarPro actually does a pretty good job of explaining it.

Shutter speed, frame rate, and 180 degree rule

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d