DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can the Oculus Quest 2 be used in conjunction with the DJI Mini SE???

Tobias_Gray

Reactions
I have an Oculus Quest 2 headset, my question is a simple one, can it be used with my DJI Mini SE? I have seen many videos of DJI users pairing their DJI Mavic mini /mini2 with their DJI Goggle headsets to give them an FPV style of play. Can the same be done using my DJI mini SE and a pair of Oculus Quest 2 instead? If it can be done is there a possible link that I can to follow to make the pairing process as easy as possible?

I have an Oculus Quest 2 headset, my question is a simple one, can it be used with my DJI Mini SE? I have seen many videos of DJI users pairing their DJI Mavic mini /mini2 with their DJI Goggle headsets to give them an FPV style of play. Can the same be done using my DJI mini SE and a pair of Oculus Quest 2 instead? If it can be done is there a possible link that I can to follow to make the pairing process as easy as possible?
Its not a possibility at the moment... Until a SDK is released, there will be no path to use the Mini SE with any type of goggles. DJI still hasn't released the SDK for the Mini 2 so it might be a bit of a wait.

As others have said, there's not a direct route that will allow you to connect the controller directly to the Oculus. In order for this to happen, I'm assuming DJI and Oculus (Facebook) would have to collaborate on a version of the DJI Fly app that can run on the Oculus and make use of the Oculus Link cable. Unfortunately, this is highly unlikely.

However, as slup mentions above, there are a couple of work-around options. One is the single-lens box goggle like the MovieMask (no longer in production) or the replacement MagiMask ($129+tax & shipping). You will need at least a 1m cable to connect your phone to the controller from inside the mask.

But, if you already have a Quest and would like to use it, there is an option to cast your phone screen to the Quest. For iPhone users, this is done using by side-loading an app called AirScreen onto your Quest headset. I don't have an Android phone, but I believe that there is a similar app that will work. I've used this method with my iPhone SE, and while there is a slight lag, I have found it to be a very enjoyable way to fly as long as I'm not trying any quick maneuvers through obstacle-laden terrain. Once you're up above the treeline, it's great. It's also a good way to allow a friend to join in the fun by letting them wear the headset while you fly with your phone.

No. Stop dreaming. Can you mix your PS4 controller with your stove? ??

I'm actually making this DJI VR FPV app, for Quest 1, 2, Pro.

Not just FPV capabilities, but actual 3D VR controls, hand controller support for the Quest devices, 3D maps inside a VR engine, and much more.

Ping me if you're interested!

Not just FPV capabilities, but actual 3D VR controls, hand controller support for the Quest devices, 3D maps inside a VR engine, and much more.

Hey! Very interested in this! Still in the works?

Hello, I'm interested in your App. Do you Nerd any Support (like in Form of testing)?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98