DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can we do planned angle footages with Mavic ?

networth

Reactions
Im very happy with the mavic and it does the job really well.
Im a wedding film maker and basically, I need some shots, which I know what I need, but not sure how to achieve with Mavic Pro.

I have seen few random shots in youtube, but not able to locate the url right now.

Well, here is an example.
For example a bride is sitting in the beach and being make up is done.

I need the mavic to stay locked focus to the bride's face, and simply fly backwards all the way to the top and far.

Then another footage would be just its reverse.
Means, lets say the mavic is at 2000ft distance and 400ft high.
I need it to fly in and zoom in straight into the bride's face focus locked area, from the top till the bottom.

How can I achieve such zoom in and zoom out footages with the mavic ?

Can Waypoint do this ?
or anything ?

I would not have a drone close enough to a person to highlight their face. The lacerations caused by the slightest bump into the propellers would be a liability in the best of times, but in conjunction with a fashion or wedding ceremony it seems worse.

You can do pre-planned establishing shots of the venue, or birds-eye view of the ceremony, but always keep a good 20 feet away from people who are not familiar with drones and the dangers therein.

yes that distance is mandatory.
I did not mean about a complete close up of course.
Just need that nice zoom in and zoom out footage.

But confused, how to achieve with the mavic or phantom.
Im new to DJI and drones.

But I have seen some videos, which has it nicely done.

Can Waypoint do this ?

Don't do that with some programmed magic. You should fly those moves manually so you have constant control. But the shots you mentioned sound straightforward. Straight line flight, what's the problem?

Don't forget you need to get your Part 107 before you can use the Mavic in your wedding filming.

Autopilot app. You can set POI to hight and location in conjunction with drone movement. You will just have to have the bride stand in a preplanned locaiton.

App is significantly more powerfull than that but it'll easily do what your looking for and much more.

Autopilot app. You can set POI to hight and location in conjunction with drone movement. You will just have to have the bride stand in a preplanned locaiton.

App is significantly more powerfull than that but it'll easily do what your looking for and much more.

I need more confidence to use auto Pilot rather than DJI Go4.

Reactions: enigmamdw
So you say, Auto Pilot can do what Im trying to achieve ?
I will go ahead and buy it then.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser