DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can you move video from the Mini's internal memory to the mSD card or to the phone?

• Thread starter Deleted member 103366
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 103366

Whilst trying out fly v 1.2 on a phone I saw a message that was something about switching to the mSD card.
What ever has happened is irrelevant but I now discover I have video on or in the internal memory or so I thought.
To confirm this I removed the mSD card and pressed the record button, sure enough the app indicated that is was recording.
That I know of I can not access the internal memory by connecting the drone to a computer, the assistant sees only the DAT logs etc. and the computer see the mSD card
When I looked in "Album" the video was there and I was offered the option to download the video and I am fairly sure it said the mSD card, however the transfer is RIDICULOUSLY slow, between 1.9Mb/s and 2.5Mb/s. This speed makes me wonder if the video is actually being sent to the phone, the transfer was taking so long I cancelled it
Does any know where this procedure is sending the image? If to the card why is it so slow?
Thanks

The mini doesn't have any internal storage. If you don't have an SD card installed, you can't take photos/videos.
I think that message in Fly was for future use, or programmers were used to Air1 and M2 having internal storage.
The Air2 probably has internal storage since the MA1 did, and MA2 uses Fly rather than Go4.

If you flew without the SD card and later install one, app will tell you that there's an SD card now.

Transferring a video "over the air" on the P3 with lightbridge was also ridiculously slow.
Don't forget, a video will be GB in size and the AC to RC link is over enhanced Wi-Fi so it would be understandable that such transfers would be slow. Just use a card reader.

Reactions: gope_73
If you don't have an SD card installed, you can't take photos/videos.
Thanks for the reply but sorry, using the Mini with the mSD card removed I have recorded video.
Maybe the video was recorded on the phone but the some of the videos I saw in "Album" were 2GB which sounds awfully big to me for something sent over the air whilst simultaneously controlling the drone.
BUT they were recorded somewhere.

if all fails then use the manual.. :) in the manual on page 26 it states if you don't have a card in the drone it will still record single photo and 720 video... it records directly to the mobile device... I tried to copy/paste but it wouldn't let me... page 26 in the manual under Storing Photos and Videos

Reactions: Thomas B
That would have been my next guess. 2GB sounds big though for a 720p video taken off of FPV feed. I don't usually find the cache videos to be that big.

in the manual on page 26 it states if you don't have a card in the drone it will still record single photo and 720 video
Which drone and manual edition are you looking at? I have v 1.0 11/2019 and "Storing Photos and Videos" is on page 24 and does not mention any of that.

Attachments

• Storing Photos and Videos MM.png
    Storing Photos and Videos MM.png
    23.3 KB · Views: 2
OK, unistalled Fly, Go and Go4 from the phone and via the computer deleted the entire DJI folder, so there should be no artifacts.
Reinstalled Fly. Removed the mSD card from the drone, switched the drone on, flew and shot a few minutes of video.
Checked the phone and there is an appropriate video in DJI/dji.go.v5/DJI FLY/Video. Put a clean mSD card in the drone and switched on etc. I see the video but it would not 'download' to ............?

I still not sure of happened yesterday.....
ooops forgot, I saw this message sevaral times through out the whole rigmarole

Attachments

• album message.png
    album message.png
    125.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited by a moderator:
OK, unistalled Fly, Go and Go4 from the phone and via the computer deleted the entire DJI folder, so the should be no artifacts. Reinstalled Fly. Removed the mSD card from the drone, switched the drone on, flew and shot a few minutes of video. Checked the phone and there is an appropriate video in DJI/dji.go.v5/DJI FLY/Video. Put a clean mSD card in the drone and switched on etc. I see the video but it would not 'download' to ............?

I still not sure of happened yesterday.....
Did you try to drag and drop to your computer?

Uum no, the attempted 'downloading' was entirely internal usingAlbum in the app. When I want to move images etc. from the 'drone' to 'storage' I remove the card from the drone, put it in a reader attached to a computer and move or copy the images from the card to where ever.

One other question comes to mind, the App allows you to change a cache size, where is that cache?

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000