DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can you overexpose D-Cinelike like you do on a Mirrorless Camera?

Black Diesel

Reactions
If you shoot Clog3 on Canon or SLog on Sony it's normal to overexpose a between a stop and two stops. As for the Mini 3 Pro, can you overexpose close to one stop and then pull it down in post processing? If not, where is the sweet spot to expose on the Mini 3 Pro?

Clog3 is a different animal entirely. And let's face it, the DJI cameras aren't nearly as sophisitcated as Canon and Sony professional cameras. In short, NEVER clip your highlights. Shadow detail from slightly underexposed pictures and video is far easier to recover.

If you shoot Clog3 on Canon or SLog on Sony it's normal to overexpose a between a stop and two stops. As for the Mini 3 Pro, can you overexpose close to one stop and then pull it down in post processing? If not, where is the sweet spot to expose on the Mini 3 Pro?
D-Cinelike is not a log curve and it’s still a rec 709 color profile so it’s really what you see is what you get just a little flatter on look. I definitely wouldn’t overexpose.

D-Cinelike is not a log curve and it’s still a rec 709 color profile so it’s really what you see is what you get just a little flatter on look. I definitely wouldn’t overexpose.
Sounds good, I'll go as far as i can without clipping the highlights.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada