DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can You Recommend a Phone or Tablet Under $300? Screen size of 7" or bigger (For the M2P)

C22T

Reactions
Hi everyone, I am looking for a large phone or medium tablet that would only be used when flying my M2P (no SIM card or cell service needed, no watching Netflix, etc.) So that's why I don't want to spend a lot of money. Actually, $300 still seems like a lot to me, because I won't use it for anything besides flying the drone. I would prefer an Android product, but only because I am used to it and have never had an Apple device. And if my budget of $200-$300 isn't realistic, tell me; maybe I'm being too cheap. :rolleyes: ???

My Google Nexus 5x phone is my old, spare phone and it's slowing down, and the DJI Go 4 App is starting to freeze a lot. But it's a spare phone, so it was convenient to use as the display.
My Google Pixel 3 phone was never compatible with the DJI controller (I've done SOOO MUCH research on this, and cannot get it to work!)
I have tried using an Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8" and 10" tablet, which is nice because the screen is much larger, but the tablets are wayyyyyyy under-powered and it takes a long time for the DJI Go 4 app to actually open and connect to the drone, and it sometimes freezes during flight. ?

I have seen this list: Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO & DJI Fly (Updated Daily) mentioned a lot. It is a huge list, and it gives lots of specs but no prices!

As far as screen size, I am hoping to get this display holder, so whatever size device can fit: Polar Pro Flight Deck

I really appreciate all recommendations! Something 7" or larger, and simple but secure (a name brand??) but enough power to run DJI Go 4 and not have worries about freezing during flight, or taking 5 minutes for the app to open and connect and give me the "GO FLY" button. Thank you very much!

P.S. - If anyone can help me get my Pixel 3 phone to work with the DJI controller, I would be so freakin' happy! I've tried several types of USB C cables. I've tried changing USB settings in the phone. I have adjusted "USB debugging" in the phone's developer options. I've read a few success stories with the Pixel 3, but it seems most people can't get it to work. I still want a larger device with a larger screen, but it'd be nice to have my Pixel 3 work, too.

???

So the lack of replies must mean there are no good tablets to use with the Mavic 2 Pro controller? ?

Those people at DJI must want me to buy their own controller!! It's a conspiracy!

I am using 2018 ipad with pgytech tablet holder and it works without issues.
I dont know why you cant use your phone directly on mavic 2 controller. I tried my mi max 3 and it worked aswell.
From my experience i highly recomend to use phone not tablet with mavic 2 controler. If i could turn back time i would invest in better phone not in tablet. Big screen is nice but it take much more space in your bag with tablet holder. It takes also more time to prepare. Mavic 2 is all about portability and ready to go as fast as posible.

I'm using an iPad Mini V4. Its never let me down. It fits into the controller without the need for any additional cradle. I have also found the IOS app to be more stable than android. This tablet is a few years old now so should be able to pick one up second hand close to your budget,

Hi everyone, I am looking for a large phone or medium tablet that would only be used when flying my M2P (no SIM card or cell service needed, no watching Netflix, etc.) So that's why I don't want to spend a lot of money. Actually, $300 still seems like a lot to me, because I won't use it for anything besides flying the drone. I would prefer an Android product, but only because I am used to it and have never had an Apple device. And if my budget of $200-$300 isn't realistic, tell me; maybe I'm being too cheap.
Here's your perfect solution.
It's a really great tablet that runs the app flawlessly as well as being good for watching Netflix etc - no real need to use it only for flying.

Here's your perfect solution.
It's a really great tablet that runs the app flawlessly as well as being good for watching Netflix etc - no real need to use it only for flying.
Winner Winner, chicken dinner.

Need to upgrade my monitor size. Currently using a Samsung Galaxy S9. Looking for input on which of these you feel is best for the $$$ and will do the best job for flying my MA 1.
iPads are not in the equation !
Samsung 8.0" 32GB Galaxy Tab A (2019, Wi-Fi Only, Black) $127.95

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1" Wi-Fi Tablet 128GB - Black $ 219.99

Thanks in advance for your replies

I got an iPad Mini 4 that was an APPLE refurb (I believe it makes a difference, new battery & new case for starters) for $316 including shipping. I've been very happy. I could never go back to a phone.

Reactions: jpabello
Buy the Feelworld 7 inch 729S model monitor it is about $235 new and is an incredible 2,200nits of brightness, nothing else even comes close. I use it with my SC to just view the camera and use the SC for all the other flying stuff.

Reactions: carolinacummins
Buy the Feelworld 7 inch 729S model monitor it is about $235 new and is an incredible 2,200nits of brightness, nothing else even comes close. I use it with my SC to just view the camera and use the SC for all the other flying stuff.
A monitor won't do any good unless you have an SC or other Android with HDMI out. Might be cumbersome by many to have to carry around two devices.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka