DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can you speed up the yaw rate?

When you connect the Aircraft to Controller go into the settings> gimbal > advanced gimbal and the 3 speeds are seperated here, adjust the rates from there, totally dofferent bird after that. You can also reset them to factory if you make a mistake. I can conncect my mini 2 and show pics if need be! I was looking for so long also thinking man... my tello had rate adjustment how can this mini2 be so SLOW!!

Reactions: ackdrone
When you connect the Aircraft to Controller go into the settings> gimbal > advanced gimbal and the 3 speeds are seperated here, adjust the rates from there, totally dofferent bird after that.

Doing a quick search it does seem like what you want is in that menu . . .
The Mini SE should be same as ?Mini 2 menus, so . . .

mini2.jpg

Reactions: Crash and Burn
Well @$%*! I guess thats why I didn't see this option, because it doesn't exist on the SE! What the hell! That has to be intentional crippling. Didn't pay enough $$$.

Hmmm.
Can you get what's known as Cinesticks for the Mini SE ?
Many comment on the forum here about how it helps them do better cinematic flying.

Just checked, yes you can . . .

CineSticks

Probably other sites to check out too, Google search > mini SE Cinesticks

Reactions: Crash and Burn
Hmmm.
Can you get what's known as Cinesticks for the Mini SE ?
Many comment on the forum here about how it helps them do better cinematic flying.

Just checked, yes you can . . .

CineSticks

Probably other sites to check out too, Google search > mini SE Cinesticks
I'd never heard of them before, they look the goods. Just ordered some for my SE.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
I have a mini1 and the yaw rate in S mode is 150deg/sec. With modification of firmware parameters this can be increased to 300deg/s, which is pretty quick! Ive had a play with it at that and the drone is very responsive. Good for making really disorienting videos 😜To find out more enable access to the software mods section of the forum here and search for modifying parameters. Use at your own risk!

Reactions: Aairon
I have a mini1 and the yaw rate in S mode is 150deg/sec. With modification of firmware parameters this can be increased to 300deg/s, which is pretty quick! Ive had a play with it at that and the drone is very responsive. Good for making really disorienting videos 😜To find out more enable access to the software mods section of the forum here and search for modifying parameters. Use at your own risk!
"enable access to the software mods section of the forum here" how do you do this?

"enable access to the software mods section of the forum here" how do you do this?
Go into your mavicpilots account settings and you should find a checkbox that allows access to the software mods section of the forum. By default it isn't checked, and you can't see that section of the forum. 👍

Reactions: Aairon
IDK if this would affect yaw rate - and I don’t know how to adjust them - but there is an Advanced option under the Control menu that looks like it modifies the behavior of the sticks. Maybe accelerating the input of the sticks could have the yaw rate improvement you’re looking for. Has anyone adjusted those parameters; if so how and what effect?

IDK if this would affect yaw rate - and I don’t know how to adjust them - but there is an Advanced option under the Control menu that looks like it modifies the behavior of the sticks. Maybe accelerating the input of the sticks could have the yaw rate improvement you’re looking for. Has anyone adjusted those parameters; if so how and what effect?
Which drone do you have? The options available in these menus depends on the specific model. The Mini 1 and Mini SE require a bit of tinkering ( ref post #7 and #11) to allow modification of the yaw rates form standard.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121