DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can you use Mavic Mini to make a documentary video? Of course, here's the proof!

vaclav0

Reactions
Hello everyone!

I want to show you my latest video production. There are not so many typical aerial shots (only few b-rolls), BUT! I'm showing this to you guys, because I used here Mavic Mini as second camera (in handheld mode), to make a wider plan.

Pros? Really good quality in 2.7K resolution - enough for those kind of videos.

Cons? Some of movements from left to right are too much jerk. Even stabilization of a gimbal is not so helpful. Also - on that day there was 27°C (81°F) and Mini without movement after 10-15 minutes showed me, that is too hot and recording might be stop.

But after all, I'm very very happy of final effect! It's fully editet in DaVinci Resolve 16.

I'm sorry for no english subtitles, it's too much work for me right now :( But as part of the summary: it's video à la documentary about Piotr Trypus, leader of alternative rock band from Poland, called Starsabout.

He talked to me about his inspirations and music, future plans of a band, etc. And there's accoustic live session in the middle of video! :) I'll hope you enjoy it - if you have any suggestions about production, please let me know! I want to learn all the time! :)

Also, you can check Starsabout music here: Longing For Home, by Starsabout :)

Reactions: TreeHugger
Utilising my language skills I didn't understand a word of the natation :rolleyes:
The music is international so it didn’t matter Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverbobomalem