DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Canada drone insurance

jonatious

Reactions
I think going with State farm is a no brainer in USA. I got $75 per year for coverage which includes lost drone. But I have to move to Canada in about 10 months permanently. Since DJI coverage has to be added in the first 48 hours, I only have about 35 hours left. I dont want to take State Farm for 10 months and not have any coverage after I move to Canada.

So can any Canadians here confirm if there is a similar personal articles insurance in Canada that is not more expensive than DJI coverage, so I can get that when I move to Canada?

I think going with State farm is a no brainer in USA. I got $75 per year for coverage which includes lost drone. But I have to move to Canada in about 10 months permanently. Since DJI coverage has to be added in the first 48 hours, I only have about 35 hours left. I dont want to take State Farm for 10 months and not have any coverage after I move to Canada.

So can any Canadians here confirm if there is a similar personal articles insurance in Canada that is not more expensive than DJI coverage, so I can get that when I move to Canada?

While I haven’t yet obtained insurance, it appears the above company provides insurance in Canada.

While I haven’t yet obtained insurance, it appears the above company provides insurance in Canada.
The thing is drone insurance generally refers to liability and damage coverage on top of the drone damage/loss coverage itself which makes it much more expensive. State Farm is famous because they provide just the drone coverage without any liability coverage. There are so many other agencies in the US who provide “drone insurance”

Hello! For a video hobbyist like myself who usually takes his Mavic 3 on business trips maybe once or twice a month, is there a "per instance" insurance that works like State Farm in Canada? I've had a Mavic 2 Pro & a Mini 2 and purchased DJI Care Refresh & Flyaway Coverage and have never used them; seems like such a waste!

Actually you can activate the DJI insurance after the 48 hours... You need to make a video and send it to DJI. I did it myself and worked just fine (around 10 days after i purchased the drone).

The instructions are here: DJI

@f13dfx I noticed you added a laughing face to my post for coverdrone insurance. Do you know something about the company that is funny and we all should stay away from them? My post was trying to be helpful but if you have something to say about said company then please let us know.
screenshot-mavicpilots.com-2022.01.20-09_09_57.png

Reactions: jonatious
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman