DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cannot calibrate compass

droneloverair

Reactions
Is anyone here having problems with compass calibration lately.
Having weeks now that i couldnt calibrate the compass.
Its not just mavic air but even my gopro karma its also doing it.
But in karma it calibrates fine but is jittery around the bars that otherwise it would give a smooth bars around the axis.

my uav forecast also is only giving 6-8 satellites and is locked with on about 6.
This never happened before even from the uav app.

im asking maybe others are experiencing.

Is anyone here having problems with compass calibration lately.
Having weeks now that i couldnt calibrate the compass.
No .. there is no weird effect preventing drone operators from calibrating their compasses.
If you do, look at the Sensors section of the app settings to see what it's telling you.
my uav forecast also is only giving 6-8 satellites and is locked with on about 6.
This never happened before even from the uav app.
The GPS sats section of the UAV Forecast app is useless and irrelevant anyway.
Ignore it.
The number of sats in the sky and/or on UAV Forecast has nothing at all to do with calibrating your compass.

A description of your calibration process would help.

A description of your calibration process would help.

i just turn around the drone slowy and consistent.
It never fails before.

Lateley i got to fly my gopro karma even on the same spot where it wouldnt let me last time.
Seems to be working.

im just not getting enough GPS lock on my mavic air copared to how it was before like one Or two months ago.

Tried again yesterday in a location that iv calibrated once fine but still no go.

i dont hear that calibration failed.
Its when after the press is done, it says cannot fly and atti mode for some seconds.
Then dverything just ”home point updated” and everything goes green and suddenly i get like 15. Sattelites locked.
when i recalibrated again im down to zero and starts slowly from 6 sattelites til it raises to 15.

from what iv remember, asoon as im finished with calibration it would immediatly go green on everything.

Im still in EU country and im still in US wifi because im loving the range.
could this be something why it doesnt calibrate? I know irrelevant.
Im not ready to go back to eu wifi because i dont have an android to use for the moment to spoof gps.

Returning to Sweden after a year of absence, I noticed that I sometimes need more then one attempt to calibrate the compass. Since I move long distances between flights (100 km or more), I am used to re-calibrate before I start, but this is "new". Not sure if it also will be the same when I return to Germany, have to try that in September.

Returning to Sweden after a year of absence, I noticed that I sometimes need more then one attempt to calibrate the compass. Since I move long distances between flights (100 km or more), I am used to re-calibrate before I start, but this is "new".
Compass calibration completely unrelated to where you are or how far it is from somewhere else you've been.
None of that should have any effect on compass calibration.

Hmm....

its weird.

because the drone flies straight and true.
No disconnections or weak signal.

When im up in the air im always between 15-22 sats. Locked despite of saying that ”cannot fly” after the calibrations. Then it would turn to yellow atti mode.
less than 5 seconds after that then it says green on the upper left corner.

should i be worried?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15