DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cannot turn off mavic 2 whilst its moving!!!

In the 3 dot menus (top LHS of the screen) touch the quadcopter symbol and then go to the advanced options and the response-option itself is in there, but bear in mind the VERY SHORT delay that it uses. I would not recommend flying with "always" as your normal option.
In your case I would switch to it as you approach the boat, then switch back to the default "breakdown" for the next flight.... until you come to land again etc.etc.
People may say that that is daft but I once caught my self messing with the P3 and realised I had had the sticks in the CSC postion for a couple of seconds, fortunately the delay for the P3 is around 5 seconds but it shook me.
With the MM in "emergency only" mode (which equals the M2P/Z's breakdown) the CSC results in quite a nice helix especially in its slower flight modes. I am not going to try it with the M2P
Legend mate, that's the solution. Worked!!! Thank you!

Glad you found the solution but let me "muddy the waters".

I always... (99% of the time) hand catch as noted inpost #4 and #8. This has worked for years on Mavic Platinum Pro and since the day I got the Mavic 2 Pro I've done the same thing. I'm guessing it has worked 150x on my new Mavic 2 Pro.

Yesterday flying on a job site (crazy windy but that's another story) I descend to just above eye level, arms length, take right hand come in at an angle and grab the UAS firmly. All at once I give and Up & over flipping it onto it's Back... this time motors do NOT shut down. I quickly go back to level attitude again and try again... NOPE....NEGATIVE....NADA.... It's fighting to get back upright again. I reorient it again and release it so I can get my bearings LOL! I grab again and this time use the DOWN POWER stick and after the 2-3 seconds it powers down.

I changed battery and camera card and went on about the tasks at hand. At the end of the battery I lowered, grabbed, and flipped and it powered off exactly as expected.

So with NO changes to parameters etc the aircraft CAN change the extreme attitude response. I don't know how or why but I saw it first hand yesterday.

.........hut down. I quickly go back to level attitude again and try again... NOPE....NEGATIVE....NADA.... It's fighting to get bac.........
I don't know why but I get the impression it is possible to tilt it too far, if that is the case then limiting the tilt to say 90deg might be the solution. Maybe "too far" takes it level again but in a 'negative sense'.
Someone else, not long ago, reported a drone upside down in the grass that did not stop its motors, it might have been an MA2.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I'm the only one that wanted him to play Jackyl -The lumberjack song....doing the chainsaw rif/solo with the drone blade pitch while doing that fabulous demonstration? Well missed oportunity, but quite informative nonetheless. Personally I would have got it down to about deck height and just tossed a shirt on it and been done with it. Guess landing on a boat just got alot harder, I would have thought the hand flip would have worked for sure.

Reactions: DoomMeister
We "kill the motors" from a hand catch by quickly flippin the aircraft upside down.

• Open hand under aircraft
  • Descend into hand
  • Grasp aircraft in the very center of the body
  • Quickly flip aircraft upside down and motors suddenly STOP
We are flying Mavic Pro Platinum and Mavic 2 Pro aircraft and both work perfectly like this.
I just tried it and I cut myself because it was trying to fight against the fact that I was trying to flip it over

I just tried it and I cut myself because it was trying to fight against the fact that I was trying to flip it over
It is necessary to be careful when doing the grab and twist but I have actually had to do it with a Mavic 2, I twisted it to 90deg i.e. the props where vertical.

We "kill the motors" from a hand catch by quickly flippin the aircraft upside down.

• Open hand under aircraft
  • Descend into hand
  • Grasp aircraft in the very center of the body
  • Quickly flip aircraft upside down and motors suddenly STOP
We are flying Mavic Pro Platinum and Mavic 2 Pro aircraft and both work perfectly like this.
I tried flipping new Air 2 upside down to kill motors after hand catch while landing on RTH to avoid big plants on ground and motors would not stop. Was scary and I cut my finger in the process (could have been much worse). For now on I’ll just pull down left controller but am afraid I may have damaged drone.

This worked yesterday so I’m confused. Maybe yesterday was not landing in RTH. Can’t recall. Thoughts?

Thoughts on how to know if I did damage? What to do about it?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa