DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cannot update firmware

laura schlenker

Reactions
Im so frustrated, I can update the firmware no matter what I do,nice tried assistant 2 and djigo4 and both fail. I dont know what to do, can I fly with the firmware it came with even though it says to update?

I also had trouble but I was plundering around on DJI.com and found a ast 2 needs to updated/downloaded for the M2. Once I did that it went like a breeze. But I’m still having some “reds” to figure out on go4 app I had to come to work but I will work on it tonight. Hopefully I may get it in the air tomorrow. Wish me luck. And I hope this helps you. Fingers crossed

You should still be able to fly according to this message sent to me from DJI after purchase. IMG_3517.JPG

My ast 2 would close b4 it did anything. So I was looking to see if firmware was out for my RE goggles when I saw the M2 ast download

I also had trouble but I was plundering around on DJI.com and found a ast 2 needs to updated/downloaded for the M2. Once I did that it went like a breeze. But I’m still having some “reds” to figure out on go4 app I had to come to work but I will work on it tonight. Hopefully I may get it in the air tomorrow. Wish me luck. And I hope this helps you. Fingers crossed
How do we update the DJI Asst ? does the Mavic 2 need to be connected ?

I opened the ast app on my pc plugged in the M2 and clicked the M2 prompt and would just shutdown. But on DJI.com I downloaded ast file for Mavic 2 and then the firmware downloaded to M2 without an issue. My iPad was setup to not auto download app upgrades so when I get home hopefully my issues will be solved with my go4 problems will update later and hopefully be in the air

There seems to be confusion as to which version of Assistant. The Mavic Pro models need a new version of assistant.

Assistant 2 for Mavic. Download it here.

Mavic 2 - Specifications, FAQs, Videos, Tutorials, Manuals - DJI

It will not over write the older Assistant 2 software. You may still need this for Spark or MPP models.

This is same thing that happened with the Phantom 4 Pro Vr 2.0 New version of Assistant, Assistant 2 for Phantom.

DJI seems to have limited servers, and with this size of the rollout and number of folks hitting their server, I would consider trying the update at an odd hour late at night, early am.

You can also try to update firmware with the latest version of djigo4. on iOS or Android. I prefer not to do this for a drone as it seems to take longer, than a direct connection with the USB 3 cable. Note the mavic Pro 2 has a USB 3 connection.

The download is the only part you really need from DJI, after than the process will continue on your end for quite a while, up to 5 minutes. Also when I updated the mavic Pro, I was surprised at the time involved, at least 6 minutes.

Note, also if you update the Pro 2, you will also need to update the controller. I did the controller via the DJIgo4, it went fine and quite fast.

Paul C

Reactions: Kingram and MavMark
Paul C your are correct sir 5 minutes for M2P and thanks for the assist

Update:
My Go4 app was set not to background update on iPad. It didn’t know what a M2P was. Sometimes it’s something simple that makes you feel like an idiot LOL

Im so frustrated, I can update the firmware no matter what I do,nice tried assistant 2 and djigo4 and both fail. I dont know what to do, can I fly with the firmware it came with even though it says to update?
Same issue my only way out was to use my iphone 10. I hate doing that, removing the phone from the protective sleve to attach it to the controller but right now I have no alternative until DJI does a fix on the android side so I can use my 5.5 Crystalsky monitor that I purchased just for my Mavic pro, which worked perfectly with the DJI adaptor for later use with my new Mavic 2 pro. Now Im waiting for the retool of the DJI adaptor and fix for the android version of the Go 4 application.
It gets real tiresome being an unwilling beta tester for firmware updates.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin