DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't Believe I Saw This.....

Randyp1234

Reactions
About a week ago we were on vacation on the Big Island of Hawaii over on the Kona side. Our travels frequently took us north of Kona on highway 19 - Queen Ka'ahumanu Highway - and at mile marker 91 there's a collapsed lava tube and there are always several cars stopped on the side of the road with the people out to look at it. One time as we passed I saw a drone in the air, I think it was a Mavic but not sure. As I saw that I thought "That's cool, good for him/her." Later that day or maybe another time as we were going past it heading south I realized not only was it well within 4 miles of the Kona International Airport but you could actually see the airport from the spot that guy/gal was flying. Kinda irritated me because there were several places I wanted to fly but didn't because of either the 4 mile limit, or the national/state park thing.

Just got back from Maui myself. Wanted to fly at the black sand beach on the Road to Hana but didn't because its a state park... Could have easily gotten away with it but some people just dont respect the regulations. Still got amazing shots other places.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike