DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't Change My RTH Point To The Mobile Device/Controller

JDFMavic

Reactions
No matter where I am or weather on not I have cellular connection I can not change the RTH form HP to my mobile divice. I keep getting the message "Mobile Device Signal Weak. It's Location cannot be acquired." I wanted to use this feature while filming while moving, like on a boat, but with not luck. Anyone else run into this issue?

What device is being used? Does it have gps capability?

Reactions: ff22
No matter where I am or weather on not I have cellular connection I can not change the RTH form HP to my mobile divice. I keep getting the message "Mobile Device Signal Weak. It's Location cannot be acquired." I wanted to use this feature while filming while moving, like on a boat, but with not luck. Anyone else run into this issue?
It's a common problem with Apple devices and no solution has been found.

But it's probably no big deal really.
On a boat, the main reason to use this is to prevent the drone trying to go back where you launched when the battery gets low.
Just reset the home point a few times through the flight to the current location of the aircraft and that will be just as effective.

I fly Android so I can use both but since the boat is always moving and you don't want the drone to actually land on the boat, it's not important to have a precise home point.

Last edited:
Reactions: ff22
Can I reset the HP while the drone is in the air or do I have to land first?

Just remember that it will mark the location where the drone was when you made the change. If you move again it will need to be reset if the previous home point is not what you want.

Thanks for the "work around". Hopefully DJI will figure out a way to fix the issue.

It definitely will be a problem with WiFi only iPads as those do not have GPS. I understand you can tether GPS to such an iPad from a phone using Bluetooth.

It definitely will be a problem with WiFi only iPads as those do not have GPS. I understand you can tether GPS to such an iPad from a phone using Bluetooth.
It's a problem with any iPad.
The app just does not get the GPS information from the tablet.

Have you check your privacy settings? Settings -> Privacy -> Location Services -> DJI GO 4. If it's turned off, DJO Go 4 won't be able to access GPS location.

Have you check your privacy settings? Settings -> Privacy -> Location Services -> DJI GO 4. If it's turned off, DJO Go 4 won't be able to access GPS location.
It's a widespread problem with Apple devices this year.
It doesn't matter that the phone or tablet has good GPS signal or the settings are correct.
It just won't share the GPS data with the app.

It doesn't matter that the phone or tablet has good GPS signal or the settings are correct.
I don't use this function normally, but I've tried it a couple of times a while back on my iPhone 7, and I didn't have an issue. I might try again the next time I am out flying.

It unpredictable on my iPad mini 5 cellular some time it works sometimes it gives the (Sgnal weak cannot acquire)

I tried tethering my ipad mini2 to my Samsung S8 phone with wifi - got a good connection but no go on the gps - but with the Samsung 8 alone it works - odd.

I checked my privacy settings and it is on while using the app. I guess if it isn't going to be reliable if it did work, I wouldn't feel comfortable using it anyway.

Will GO 4 recognize and use an external BT GPS device connected to the iPad, like a BadElf for this purpose?

Interesting that I’ve used iPad mini’s for several years and don’t think I’ve ever seen a weak gps signal. Heat issues yes.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure