DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't change my video bitrate.

BobbyLashley

Reactions
Just a couple settings that I don't have available in my DJI Fly app.

1) No way to change the bitrate. I would like 120mbps, is that the default? No way for me to tell what bitrate it's recording at.

And also

2) Is there a way to adjust the disconnection time between the RC and the aircraft? I notice the connection from the RC to the drone always randomly disconnects if I don't do anything in it and it's annoying having to always reconnect. I would like to remove this altogether. It's very annoying because I constantly have to unplug and plug the USB Cable into the phone. Is this normal to constantly lose connection between the RC and drone?

3) I remember when I used the mavic Pro 1 four years ago, whenever I flew it I always had to calibrate the compass everytime before take off. Is it still nessecary with the Air 2?

4) Is there any way to connect the RC to the drone through the app without having to plug it in each time?

Thanks

Last edited:
1. Bitrate for 4K will be 120Mbps max and not adjustable. That's why you need to use a U3 rated SD card. Lower resolutions will have a lower bitrate, somewhere around 40Mbps. I say max because it's a variable rate based on the scene's need.

2. I know in previous models the RC will time out and shut down if idle too long. I'm assuming that's the source of your disconnects and not during flight. Just fiddle with it every few minutes before it shuts down. It should beep a warning before it shuts down though. No way to disable that. Also if the RC shut down, powering it back up should reconnect the USB without having to unplug anything.
Why would you want it to sit there that long anyway?

3. You shouldn't have had to recalibrate the compass on the M1 each time. Only calibrate if it calls for it and even then, make sure it wasn't really magnetic interference.
If it is calling for calibration each time and it's definitely not external magnetic interference, the AC may have gotten magnetized and needs degaussing. This can happen if the AC was stored near a strong magnet such as a loudspeaker.
MA2 should be the same. Calibate when it asks for it. It may ask for it every 30 days or when using 10s of miles away from last location.

4. I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. Are you expecting to connect your phone to the RC wirelessly without USB? Not supported. Only some models of the P3 connected RC to phone through WiFi and it was not ideal.

DJI did have the M1 and MA1 capable of connecting AC directly to the phone via Wi-Fi but that was not the best way to fly. Limited range and no RC.

Did you download from DJI and read the full manual?

Last edited:
1. Bitrate for 4K will be 120Mbps max and not adjustable. That's why you need to use a U3 rated SD card. Lower resolutions will have a lower bitrate, somewhere around 40Mbps. I say max because it's a variable rate based on the scene's need.

2. I know in previous models the RC will time out and shut down if idle too long. I'm assuming that's the source of your disconnects and not during flight. Just fiddle with it every few minutes before it shuts down. It should beep a warning before it shuts down though. No way to disable that. Also if the RC shut down, powering it back up should reconnect the USB without having to unplug anything.
Why would you want it to sit there that long anyway?

3. You shouldn't have had to recalibrate the compass on the M1 each time. Only calibrate if it calls for it and even then, make sure it wasn't really magnetic interference.
If it is calling for calibration each time and it's definitely not external magnetic interference, the AC may have gotten magnetized and needs degaussing. This can happen if the AC was stored near a strong magnet such as a loudspeaker.
MA2 should be the same. Calibate when it asks for it. It may ask for it every 30 days or when using 10s of miles away from last location.

4. I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. Are you expecting to connect your phone to the RC wirelessly without USB? Not supported. Only some models of the P3 connected RC to phone through WiFi and it was not ideal.

DJI did have the M1 and MA1 capable of connecting AC directly to the phone via Wi-Fi but that was not the best way to fly. Limited range and no RC.

Did you download from DJI and read the full manual?

Thank you very much.

1) This is fine, I thought there was a way to change the bitrate but I just wanted to make sure I was automatically on 120mbps when on 4K (24fps or 60fps).

2) I discovered that it's the case to my phone. When I removed the case, no more disconnects. The L shaped connector to the RC is only usable on phones without a case really.

3) Okay good, I remember always having to recalibrate the compass on the Mavic Pro 1 and it drove me nuts.

4) Yes I would love if the phone could connect to the RC wirelessly. That would be amazing but I'm guessing the connect wouldn't be strong enough.

Yes I got the DJI manual.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair