DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't complete visual sensor calibration

whiskeybc

Reactions
Started up my Mavic 2 pro a awhile back and it won't fly and tells me I have to calibrate the visual sensors so I download the DJI assistant 2 app and it gets stuck while I'm calibrating the right side sensor. Here's a video of the issue:

The retical just won't move into the blue square.

I have a repair case and after a lot of dicking around I finally got them to send me a shipping label. The support is just really really awful. Before I send it away I just wanted to check if there was anything worth trying that I haven't already done.

Thanks

Started up my Mavic 2 pro a awhile back and it won't fly and tells me I have to calibrate the visual sensors so I download the DJI assistant 2 app and it gets stuck while I'm calibrating the right side sensor. Here's a video of the issue:

I have a repair case and after a lot of dicking around I finally got them to send me a shipping label. The support is just really really awful. Before I send it away I just wanted to check if there was anything worth trying that I haven't already done.

Thanks

Hopefully, others will have some advice. I've never tried to calibrate the visual sensors but in readings here and elsewhere, apparently the entire process can be affected by the resolution of the monitor that is used. You might try another computer or two or three. Good luck.

Reactions: Mossiback
Maybe try a fresh version of the app in your computer.
This operation in my experience is very touchy and usually has required restarting several times.
Be sure to maintain constant distance to the screen and only angle the drone toward the intimated area.

I'd agree with the advice given, if it weren't for the OP saying he was able to go through the calibration on some sensors but got stuck on one of the side ones. If there was an app or screen problem, he wouldn't have managed any of the sensors.

Check that the sensor lens isn't dirty.

Thanks
I've had trouble too. Try tilting the drone so that the place of the image is squared off, and not angled. You need a square corner from the drone image, not a tilted one. Just try tilting the drone .

Reactions: Thomas B
I had the same issue. Wouldn’t calibrate on my 5K iMac retina nor my 4K iMac. On my PC I was able to complete The screen calibration but it wouldn’t actually finish the calibration of the Mavic 2. I was thinking I had a hardware defect of some kind but finally I was able to complete it on my MacBook.

What an arcane PITA.

Reactions: ff22
As said by MacCool, I couldn’t get it to work on my 5 K iMac but it worked on my old Laptop

Yes, I had this same problem. Solved by reducing the resolution on the screen on my PC.

Reactions: ff22
I had the problem both with my Mavic 2 and my Phantom 4. On my PC, both would go through the screen exercise with no problem, then get to the "calibrating" stage, but when it hit 100% it would return "calibration error". So, it appears there are two separate problems for vision sensor calibration...the screen scanning part, and the actual calibration. I still can't get my Phantom 4 to calibrate the vision sensors. I'll try fiddling with the screen resolution on my PC.

Thanks for the replies. I'm gonna try lowering the resolution on my monitor and failing that try with my work laptop and if that doesn't work then I'll ship it off.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada