DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't download h.265 files from internal memory

nodrone4u

Reactions
Forgot my memory card. Recorded some sunset footage to the internal memory. It's 4k h.265 and when I go to download it via the app it says I can only download JPEG and h.264. Tried connecting it to my pc via usb-c and it will only recognize the sd card if I insert it. Help! Got some great footage and can watch it via the DJI Fly app, but can't download it anywhere. Anyone else run into this?

Reactions: Ron Boger
I did run into this when I found out I needed a really fast processor to work with h.265 footage. I have used the Sync for DJI iOS app. It supports h.265.

There should be two USB storage show up when connecting the Air to a PC. One is the 8GB internal, the other the SD.

Wait, I thought this was for original Air. If MA2 has internal storage, it should appear the same way.

There should be two USB storage show up when connecting the Air to a PC. One is the 8GB internal, the other the SD.

Wait, I thought this was for original Air. If MA2 has internal storage, it should appear the same way.
The internal storage shows up as an unformatted drive on my pc. I can play the footage on my phone directly from the internal storage on the MA2 though.

Solved it! After sleeping on it, I figured I'd test to see if the internal storage was formatted in a Linux format, hence not being discovered on my Win 10 machine. I downloaded and ran Linux Reader 4.5 and BAM! Was able to mount the partition and download my footage. Here's a link to the software I used in case anyone else runs into this issue.

Created a short video in case anyone else runs into this issue:

Linux Reader 4.5 - How to Mount Linux Drive on Windows

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d