DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't Enable Histogram

Citizen Flier

Reactions
I toggled on the Histogram Option on the Smart Controller, but when I return to this esettings, it has toggled off. Happens every time. I found posts about this for other hardware, but this is for the Smart Controller only. My firmware is up to date. thnx

mine too.. big problem.. any solution?

OK got it. To enable histogram (and other options too) do not "slide" the button right -just press & hold button -and voila you ARE ENABLED! I found this after web search on the DJI forum. Also, histogram can be dragged/moved onscreen to avoid clutter.

Reactions: Badgersurfer
my problem is that when press to see camera settings the histogram disappears from the screen and comes back when you close the settings window.
This is huge problem as you cant set the manual camera settings according the histogram.
Please check attachments

Attachments

• 0126.jpg
    0126.jpg
    425.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 0127.jpg
    0127.jpg
    404.5 KB · Views: 17
my problem is that when press to see camera settings the histogram disappears from the screen and comes back when you close the settings window.
This is huge problem as you cant set the manual camera settings according the histogram.
Please check attachments
Got it. My guess is you'll never see the histogram while in the control settings. Maybe reprogram one of the exterior buttons or dials to control exposure the way you want. For stills, I prefer to change the shutter speed (not F Stop) to alter exposure.

Edit: I see it is possible to reprogram the right dial to control shutter speed - personal preference.

It would also be good to be able to BRACKET that way -shutter speed not F stop- with the auto bracket feature.

But the Stones anticipated that: "Ya can't always git whatcha want!"

Last edited:
yes, I have already reprogram one of the exterior buttons to control the shutter speed.. this is the only way.. but it's still annoying to not have the histogram always there

yes, I have already reprogram one of the exterior buttons to control the shutter speed.. this is the only way.. but it's still annoying to not have the histogram always there
I tried to reprogram the Right Dail to control shutter speed, but either it can't be altered, or I didn't find out how. Which button do you use to adjust Shutter Speed? The 5D button can't be set to control Shutter Speed. The R dial would seem the most likely option, but I can't find how reprogram it. thnx

Last edited:
I meant that if you set the manual settings to Shutter Speed priority then you can change the shutter with the right wheel

I meant that if you set the manual settings to Shutter Speed priority then you can change the shutter with the right wheel
Maybe I've just lost too many brain cells, but as far as I know there's no "shutter priority" for manual. No matter what I do, I can't adjust shutter speed with the right dial. BUT -I just noticed that the camera settings are displayed in TINY characters at top of SC screen. And in Manual mode, I just found that the 5D button WILL control shutter speed left/right. So if you do that, you should get immediate feedback on the histogram, as you're not diving into the menus.
But I'd still like to know how exactly you have configured the settings to adjust Shutter Speed with right dial.

You have to choose this first

1590817239936.png

Nope. Not true. I posted the solution already. I ONLY use M - manual. It’s simply a matter of Pressing and Holding the Histogram button -not sliding it left. That’s all it took to enable.

I'm not talking about to enable the histogram..
I'm talking about the shutter priority you asked

I'm not talking about to enable the histogram..
I'm talking about the shutter priority you asked
Thanks, yes I got that we're talking shutter speed adjustment. What I was looking to achieve is to reprogram the Right Dial to control shutter speed in Manual Mode. I see that in "S" mode the right dial will control shutter speed. But I only shoot M Mode -and the 5D button will control shutter speed in that mode. But the Right Dial is easier to control while in flight than the 5D button, so that's all I was trying to enable. I tried S mode, & used the dial to alter shutter speed. But when I returned to M mode the dial controls aperture. I know this is a quibble, but for extreme manual exposure bracketing at dusk, quickly altering shutter speed is the most effective way I have found to capture a wide range of exposures for manual HDR composition. Thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR9925