DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't figure out how to download flight data logs

Bigfootbuilt

Reactions
Can someone point me in the right direction? I am trying to download flight data logs. I cannot use DJI assistant because the program doesn't do anything. When I connect the aircraft and turn it on, then start DJI assistant, it says I am connected to a Mavic Pro, which I am not. I'm connected to a Mavic Air. When I click on it anyway, nothing happens and a white blank window is displayed. If I try to access the aircraft files with Windows Explorer, there is no drive listed. What am doing wrong?? Is there another data port on the aircraft that I don't know about? I am using the one at the rear panel. I just want to download flight data logs so I can analyze them.

Can someone point me in the right direction? I am trying to download flight data logs. I cannot use DJI assistant because the program doesn't do anything. When I connect the aircraft and turn it on, then start DJI assistant, it says I am connected to a Mavic Pro, which I am not. I'm connected to a Mavic Air. When I click on it anyway, nothing happens and a white blank window is displayed. If I try to access the aircraft files with Windows Explorer, there is no drive listed. What am doing wrong?? Is there another data port on the aircraft that I don't know about? I am using the one at the rear panel. I just want to download flight data logs so I can analyze them.
Your normal flight logs are stored on your device within the DJI Go directory.
(txt file or files). dat files are stored on the aircraft and will need the latest assistant 2 to retrieve. You will then need a dat viewer program to read them.
The process for retrieving flight logs from device depends on whether your on Android or IOS. IOS will require ITunes to retrieve. You will then need to upload the txt file to Air data for analysis.;)

Your normal flight logs are stored on your device within the DJI Go directory.
(txt file or files). dat files are stored on the aircraft and will need the latest assistant 2 to retrieve. You will then need a dat viewer program to read them.
The process for retrieving flight logs from device depends on whether your on Android or IOS. IOS will require ITunes to retrieve. You will then need to upload the txt file to Air data for analysis.;)

Thanks for the reply. I won't be able to use DJI Assistant to retrieve the DAT files though. Is there any other way to retrieve them from the aircraft? I don't understand why I can't just plug it into my PC and access it like another drive.

same problem here. I deleted the app and lost the flight logs. Why doesn't Assistant 2 download the logs from the Air itself??

same problem here. I deleted the app and lost the flight logs. Why doesn't Assistant 2 download the logs from the Air itself??
If you were backing up your phone you would have no problem recovering the files you need. Instead of using iTunes for backup, I use iMazing. You have to pay for it, but its well worth it. It gets updated several times a year

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki