DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't find my Cached Video from the Fly App

PBDawg

Reactions
I replaced my phone a few days ago and installed the DJI Fly app. Previously, I could go to the "Album" and thumbnails of the cached lower-resolution video feed to the RC would appear. I could click the thumbnail and view the cached video.

Now, I only get links to download from the aircraft (Mavic Mini). This seems to download the very large full-resolution files. Do you have any thoughts regarding this? I wonder whether there is a setting to turn video caching on. Perhaps the RC video is being captured and stored somewhere that I can't find it. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

I thought it would be a good idea to update this post to show the outcome for DJI drone users who may come across the issue in the future. The problem is with my new phone. Previously, I used a Google Pixel 2XL and I replaced it with a Pixel 3a. I figured that, since DJI lists the 2XL and 3XL as being compatible, the 3a must also work since it is just a smaller version in the series. Not so! The low resolution video does not get cached on the 3a! I ended up getting the 2XL repaired and everything works again. Now, my old Pixel 2XL is exclusively used as my "drone phone".

Reactions: Facherty
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djionas