DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't get controller connected to drone.

45er

Reactions
A month or so ago I lost my MP Platinum in an accident. Since I could not get DJI to sell me a drone only, I started a search for another one. I ended up buying a Platinum that was brand new as part of an overall package. Wanting to use my own controller, I just put this brand new drone together, installed a charged battery and commenced to try to get everything going again (calibrations, status checks, etc.) I turned on drone and controller (cabled to my IPad) and started the DJI app. The yellow light on the back of the drone and the controller says "connecting" with an animated icon blinking in the top right corner of the controller window which appears to look like the controller is sending a signal trying to establish connection with the drone. This has gone on for 5+ minutes without a connection. Is this enough time? I thought that any working controller could establish connection with another drone for which it is designed pretty quickly. Maybe not?

Any help would be appreciated.

Had the same issue with one of three controllers that I had purchased over the last few months, returned it to the store after weeks of testing, it was returned to the local distributor & tested as “no fault found” in the end I set all my Mavics to the same firmware version as well as the remotes to the same version. It appears to have fixed the issue, however would prefer to do more testing

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake