DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't get Fly to run

Raptorman

Reactions
I haven't flown or operated the Air 2 a more than a year being busy with other things and I attempted to check Fly to see if a new firmware was available. I first tried my tablet, a Samsung Galaxy Tab s7+ with Wifi and when I powered up the remote the tablet showed the circular indicator showing 84% but then the app never loaded. When I then go to the app and try to manually launch it the app displays a message
"Something went wrong with DJI Fly"
"DJI Fly closed because this app has a bug."
"Try updating this app after its developer provides a fix for it"

and then at the bottom

"Got it"

When I tap on "Got it" the app closes and that it. If I then try to launch the app again the app pops up and immediately closes.

I then tried this with my smartphone, a Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G and got the same results even though I've used this smartphone with the Air 2 without a problem. I tried both the DJI supplied little USB-C cable that worked before as well as another USB-C cable with the same results.

So I thought I'd delete the Fly app from my phone then re-download but the Fly app does not appear in the Play Store -- WTF is going on?

Brian

Download the app directly from the DJI website. I had the exact same problem with the DJI store app.

Download the app directly from the DJI website. I had the exact same problem with the DJI store app.

Thanks,

I searched on YT and found a video about downloading from DJI -- I guess this is something to do with DJI not being a good neighbor as far as spying is concerned and getting shutdown in some ways.

Brian

I haven't flown or operated the Air 2 a more than a year being busy with other things and I attempted to check Fly to see if a new firmware was available. I first tried my tablet, a Samsung Galaxy Tab s7+ with Wifi and when I powered up the remote the tablet showed the circular indicator showing 84% but then the app never loaded. When I then go to the app and try to manually launch it the app displays a message
"Something went wrong with DJI Fly"
"DJI Fly closed because this app has a bug."
"Try updating this app after its developer provides a fix for it"

and then at the bottom

"Got it"

When I tap on "Got it" the app closes and that it. If I then try to launch the app again the app pops up and immediately closes.

I then tried this with my smartphone, a Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G and got the same results even though I've used this smartphone with the Air 2 without a problem. I tried both the DJI supplied little USB-C cable that worked before as well as another USB-C cable with the same results.

So I thought I'd delete the Fly app from my phone then re-download but the Fly app does not appear in the Play Store -- WTF is going on?

Brian
Brian, as for is the DJI Fly app not being at the Play Store, you'll now have to get it straight from DJI. I got it at DJI.com, I think in the Store there. I used my phone - Galaxy S7 (and also my tablet, Galaxy Tab A7 Lite) with QR code readers to download the APK file, and ran it on both devices. Fly runs fine for me.

I'm having the same issue. It just started this morning. I'm using an Air 2 and Samsung Note 20 Ultra. Uninstalled, restarted phone, reinstalled from DJI site. No difference.

I've been flying this drone for nearly 2 years (almost one year with this phone. S8 before that.). Never an issue until now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots