DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't play video taken from M2P...

Obviously but that isn't DJI's problem if the device you want to use doesn't support H265 o_O
H264 doesn't support 10bit so they have no choice but to use H265 for that, they didn't just do it to annoy you.
I think the problem why people are peed off is that DJI didn't give the Mavic 2 dlog 8 bit in h264 and dcinelike and all other profiles.
I can't understand why they didn't this is why I've kept my pro1 and waiting a year till they do.

Slot of people won't of realised that h265 most will need a new hardware computer just to Edit unless they stick with normal profile. Even 2016-2017 Mac book Pro are struggling to edit dlog h265 top of the line versions.

Let’s take a step back.

There is:
  1. Internal memory.
  2. Removable memory. (SD card)
  3. Cell phone memory.
1 and 2 are in the drone.
There is 8GB of “internal storage” that can never be removed. It’s some memory card deep inside the guts of the Mavic. I guess it’s there in case you for get an SD card.

You can record video to either the internal storage, or your removable SD card. There’s a place in camera setting to change that. That’s where all the highest quality video gets saved. That’s the video you import into your computer and edit.

Then there is number 3, your phone.
Your phone comes with some amount of memory. As you take photos, download games, etc, your phone’s memory slowly fills up. That’s what the message you posted above is showing. You need to go through your phone and delete any apps or games you don’t use. You need to transfer all your photos and videos to your computer, and then delete them off your phone. That’s really the only way to make space for it to cache video. Deleting clips off the SD card (or the drones internal storage) won’t help. It’s your phone’s memory that’s filled up.

On the topic of the phone’s video cache, it’s pretty low quality. It’s just your phone doing a screen recording of your live feed. It may still be nice, but nowhere near the quality of the same clip on the SD card.
There's a 4th location. If you have an SD card on your phone, you can configure the app to store cache video on it instead of your phone's built-in storage. Option does not appear unless you have SD installed on the phone

Reactions: Kilrah
Had a similar problem. Took 5 videos with my Mavic 2 Pro. I am able to watch them all on the controller. But when downloaded to my PC, I can only open 2 videos. The other 3 are "not recognised file format", even though they have MP4 extension. The fact that I can play 2 videos on pc without issues shows that there are no problem with codec. The fact that I can play all 5 videos on the controller also shows that the SD card is also OK ( definitely not recorded on the internal memory ). Any suggestions please?

The ones you are playing "on the controller" are probably the 720p/1080p cache videos.

The ones on the SD card that won't play: did you happen to power off the AC without first stopping the recording? If so, that's the problem. That could be fixed by powering up the AC with the affected SD card still in it.
The video can be repaired. It's a complex process though.

The ones you are playing "on the controller" are probably the 720p/1080p cache videos.

The ones on the SD card that won't play: did you happen to power off the AC without first stopping the recording? If so, that's the problem. That could be fixed by powering up the AC with the affected SD card still in it.
The video can be repaired. It's a complex process though.

Did some more test shots and found that I can't open any videos with H.265 on my laptop even though I can play them on my mobile ( Pixel 3A ) with the controller. So, I presume the issue is that my laptop supports H.264 but not H.265?

Did some more test shots and found that I can't open any videos with H.265 on my laptop even though I can play them on my mobile ( Pixel 3A ) with the controller. So, I presume the issue is that my laptop supports H.264 but not H.265?

Right. That’s what I would say. But you should be able to add a software codec that would allow your laptop to play them too.

Reactions: velibaba
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kwooden12