Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't renew Mavic2 Pro with FAA?

Marty Markoe

Reactions
Site
www.martymarkoephotography.com
SmartSelect_20220405-080151_Chrome.jpg
Received a notice from the FAA to renew my Mavic2 Pro registration. On attempting to renew, receive the message above. Very interesting, since the Mavic2 Pro does not have remote ID and remote ID supposedly does not take effect until 2023. This brings up 2 questions:
  1. Has anyone been able to register/renew
  2. If there is a workaround for now to register, will non Remote ID drones be grandfathered in?

I've had no trouble registering although it has been about 6 weeks since my last one. It asks if the drone has Remote ID, and you should be selecting "No". Is that what you are doing?

I've had no trouble registering although it has been about 6 weeks since my last one. It asks if the drone has Remote ID, and you should be selecting "No". Is that what you are doing?
You made me go back and see if anything missed. Clicking on the 3 vertical dots under Actions and edit brings up:
NoRemoteID.JPG
Hope this helps others.
Marty

View attachment 146276
Received a notice from the FAA to renew my Mavic2 Pro registration. On attempting to renew, receive the message above. Very interesting, since the Mavic2 Pro does not have remote ID and remote ID supposedly does not take effect until 2023. This brings up 2 questions:
  2. If there is a workaround for now to register, will non Remote ID drones be grandfathered in?

Select NO when asked about Remote ID etc. That's a Future Feature and I think they should not have turned that option ON yet but they didn't ask me LoL

Reactions: Cymruflyer
View attachment 146276
I was able to in December 2021

My Mavic Air is coming up for renewal.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3