DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't update firmware

Stoney B

Reactions
New unit and went to soccer field just to do the settings in go4 (cant do inside, i live in a mobile home) and it said updates were required. Manual said i could do both AC & remote at the same time, but all the remote would do was cycle thru modes. danman32 said they had to be done separately, so i followed directions and connected AC to computer by itself, but when I signed into my account, assistant only showed a circle with usb with arrows pointing to a laptop. Tried different usb computer ports but the same result. Formatted sd card in the same ports & all good. The cable for the remote & AC is good cause it charged the remote. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong. Very frustrated and could really use some help. Thanks.

I have the identical problem. I have no idea what the solution is, I just gave up. If you figure it out, please post the solution.

What version of Assistant? PC or Mac?
EDIT: Sorry I misread that you were having trouble with controller not drone. However what I say below is possibly relevant to both.

Have you tried both ways round? Start Assistant then attach controller and then switch on controller. If that don't work try other way round with Assistant on then switch on controller and then insert cable. I have noted this can make a big difference in whether the software finds the controller and the drone.

I had particular difficulty with an Air and also with a Parrot Anafi. Th e ANAFI gimbal going mental when I inserted the cable to PC with drone on - seems a recent firmware update may be culprit. Behaved better when switched on after connecting to PC. That was just to copy from SD card to PC.

Has always been an issue with USB. In days gone by connecting a PC printer via USB cable could go like a dream or be an absolute pig. The usual reason being connecting the device too early before drivers or software were ready for it. Much, much better these days but some devices e.g. controllers/drones can be picky about when you insert cable or switch stuff on.

I had major problems with both a CrystalSky monitor not seeing the drone.with GO 4. The solution was NOT to insert the cable from controller to the controller until all else ON otherwise no chance.

Maybe the above will help.

I have the identical problem. I have no idea what the solution is, I just gave up. If you figure it out, please post the solution.
Found this on utube & it was something i wasn't doing. From the main go4 screen press the 3 dots in upper rt. Then press drone icon, then press calibrate compass. That was the only thing i didn't know about, not in manual that i saw. I moved all around that soccer field like a jackrabbit. Gonna try doing this tomorrow & i have a feeling it'll work. Hope this helps you.

I went to dji.com went to downloads & downloaded the current version which i thought was older than the one i had. But it then calibrated fine. I did the AC & the RC separately

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming