DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Capitol Reef National Park - Cohab Canyon Trail

MPone

Reactions
Some places have great stories, and popular hiking destination Cohab Canyon in Utah’s Capitol Reef National Park is exactly one of those places. For the Mormon faith’s remaining polygamists in Utah, the late 1800s were a trying time: the state had just consented to the Edmunds Act, which bans the practice. Federal law enforcement officials were intermittently sent to the state’s most remote corners, including the tiny town of Fruita, to stamp out plural marriage. As legend has it, Fruita’s polygamists evaded suspicion by hiding their many wives in a nearby canyon—hence the name of today: Cohab (for “cohabitation”) Canyon.

Loved the film and the scenery. Looked like a pretty easy trail, which I like. Did you shoot mostly with a gimbal?

Reactions: MPone
Yes. Filmed with the DJI Pocket 2.
It's a great little device that produces amazing videos and stabilization. Just returned from 2 week trip to Chile where I used my Osmo Pocket 1 a lot. I am not really sure what the difference is between the Osmo Pocket 1 and 2.

Dale
Miami

Some places have great stories, and popular hiking destination Cohab Canyon in Utah’s Capitol Reef National Park is exactly one of those places. For the Mormon faith’s remaining polygamists in Utah, the late 1800s were a trying time: the state had just consented to the Edmunds Act, which bans the practice. Federal law enforcement officials were intermittently sent to the state’s most remote corners, including the tiny town of Fruita, to stamp out plural marriage. As legend has it, Fruita’s polygamists evaded suspicion by hiding their many wives in a nearby canyon—hence the name of today: Cohab (for “cohabitation”) Canyon.
Nice video and that's a beautiful area. Being a National Park you can't get any drone footage but it would be beautiful to see from above. Reminds me a lot of Moab when we go there.

It's a great little device that produces amazing videos and stabilization. Just returned from 2 week trip to Chile where I used my Osmo Pocket 1 a lot. I am not really sure what the difference is between the Osmo Pocket 1 and 2.

Dale
Miami
This video tells all the differences between the old & new model,

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krasto