DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Car Smart Controller + Battery charger, Mavic2

zdep

Reactions
Dear everyone,
is there a car charger that I could use to charge both my Mavic2 single battery and smart controller ?

At the moment charging SC is a pain, I can do it only back home and it takes forever if i don't use the original charger. (I use the charger form nintendo switch sometimes and it works fine) but it would be nice to have a solution for car trips as well. Any advice is appreciated.

Paerhaps something like this but for Mavic 2 and with car adapter ?
or this , but im not sure if it can handle a battery and a SC at the same time.

Neither of your examples will do, unless you are satisfied charging your Smart Controller in slow mode. Those chargers both have USB 2.0, and you want fast charge USB 3.0.

Currently I've been unable to find a single charger solution. Most all have USB 2.0. You can find a number of 12 volt car outlet USB 3.0 adapters, and they work fine. You can also get a 12 volt plug to two outlet adapters, then plug in both chargers into the car 12 volt outlet.

I recently got this charger, lots of nice features, but no USB 3.0. :(
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Y9V4GTR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here's a car 12 volt splitter that has Quick Charge 3.0 (I have not tested it - though I've found that some USB C 3.0 chargers (QualCom compatible) do not recognize the Smart Controller as being a QC device, so they stay in slow charge mode.

https://www.amazon.com/Cigarette-3-...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Reactions: zdep
Dear everyone,
is there a car charger that I could use to charge both my Mavic2 single battery and smart controller ?

At the moment charging SC is a pain, I can do it only back home and it takes forever if i don't use the original charger. (I use the charger form nintendo switch sometimes and it works fine) but it would be nice to have a solution for car trips as well. Any advice is appreciated.

Paerhaps something like this but for Mavic 2 and with car adapter ?
or this , but im not sure if it can handle a battery and a SC at the same time.
This is what I use... Woks car or home...for home you’ll need a plug adapter in Sweden. This one completely charges 4 fully drained batteries and controller in about 90 minutes. It will also discharge and appropriately charge for storage. Try Amazon for your region.

Reactions: zdep and bumper
Neither of your examples will do, unless you are satisfied charging your Smart Controller in slow mode. Those chargers both have USB 2.0, and you want fast charge USB 3.0.

Currently I've been unable to find a single charger solution. Most all have USB 2.0. You can find a number of 12 volt car outlet USB 3.0 adapters, and they work fine. You can also get a 12 volt plug to two outlet adapters, then plug in both chargers into the car 12 volt outlet.

I recently got this charger, lots of nice features, but no USB 3.0. :(
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Y9V4GTR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here's a car 12 volt splitter that has Quick Charge 3.0 (I have not tested it - though I've found that some USB C 3.0 chargers (QualCom compatible) do not recognize the Smart Controller as being a QC device, so they stay in slow charge mode.

https://www.amazon.com/Cigarette-3-Socket-Splitter-Multifunction-Upgraded/dp/B07W1K8H7J/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=336LPUDDOURT2&keywords=car+outlet+splitter&qid=1580107935&sprefix=car+outlet+,toys-and-games,219&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExOVlPNjJGTzBUQTVWJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNTU1NzIyMjJYRlhQRERNTUpMNiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNDc1NzgyWUhOT0pBU1ZRU0QwJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

After your reference to usb QC 2 and 3 i did some digging and it seems that it requires either a 5v, 3A = 15W usb output or simply USB C with 12v , 2A = 24W
The next question is to get a SAFE and reliable device that can deliver up to specs.

Reactions: zdep
The Superone car adapter, linked in previous post, works great! The QC 3.0 charges the Smart Controller in fast charge mode with a discharged car battery reading 12.4 volts no load, and 11.8 volts at the outlet plug, (the voltage drop due to IGN switch in accessory position, wiring loss, with radio, interior light on).

I also plugged in the Hanatora charger with one battery attached while also charging the SC,. The M2 battery charged at 3 amps, so both charging properly even with the low car battery.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Britt