DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CARBON FIBER BLADES

They will certainly look cool- hard to know what if any performance improvement might be realised. It would be a shock to find these are true rather than FAKE/FAUX CF. All show and no go with an increased chance of failure seems to be the standard for these products.

They will certainly look cool- hard to know what if any performance improvement might be realised. It would be a shock to find these are true rather than FAKE/FAUX CF. All show and no go with an increased chance of failure seems to be the standard for these products.
So there is a definite problem with these props if so I’m not gonna put them on my mini

So there is a definite problem with these props if so I’m not gonna put them on my mini
They might be really good. I have no direct experience with them. My scepticism is purely based on experience with CP RC helicopters. Genuine CF rotor blades were very expensive in comparison to fibreglass or woodies- there were plenty of cool looking blades that were CF lookalike and they were display purposes only. Do they all look like the CF weave pattern is identical on all? You might imagine how hard this would be to do in production.

real carbon fiber gets it strength, from overlapping the weave in different directions and heating it under pressure to bond it together, i would be very surprised if these props are real CF

Might be just a resin impregnated mat, not necessarily interleaved but a lot more rigid than regular plastic props... whether this is beneficial remains to be seen.

Reactions: Mrmund
Look forward to see how they work for you. Back in the day (stopped flying for 5 years), when I was flying helicopters, then hand built drones, I was using Graupner Props, considered some of the best out there. Anyone tried these on the new DJI Minis? I saw Amazon has some folding versions.

Attachments

• _MG_3106.jpg
    _MG_3106.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 64
  • _MG_3093.jpg
    _MG_3093.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 65
Look forward to see how they work for you. Back in the day (stopped flying for 5 years), when I was flying helicopters, then hand built drones, I was using Graupner Props, considered some of the best out there. Anyone tried these on the new DJI Minis? I saw Amazon has some folding versions.
Graupner props for a mini? Link please.

Reactions: LankALank
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xyggi