DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Carbon Fiber Props

I think from my point of view those propellers are a bit risky, I know they are CF , but in some cases it can generate unwanted vibrations or damage to the engine and that the propeller breaks by scratching a part of the drone.

Reactions: empennage
OEM props are causing uncontrollable decent. I didn't believe it either until it happened to me. Compared the old props to new ones, and the old ones were flat at the tip.
You have been warned. [emoji16]
I will stick with OEM.

Flying forward descending, flying backward is fine.

I understand now the prop won't break
and put a strain on the motors. I heard
that they tended to be noisier, but have no idea, other than as you say quality of construction. Given the safety issues as well, I think I'll pass. Thank you
I didnt think folding props would be quieter and more efficient cuz look at em, they flop around. After owning many kinds of drones I KNO they definitely are! Dont KNO how but they are

Hello i have the CF Props for MM from Aliexpress, and they are expensive, quality is good but in-flight they are louder, the holes not fits for the bolts. The good site is that the MM is more stable, but only that i think.20200531_075531.jpg

Hello i have the CF Props for MM from Aliexpress, and they are expensive, quality is good but in-flight they are louder, the holes not fits for the bolts. The good site is that the MM is more stable, but only that i think.View attachment 103149

what do you mean with expensive? Original plastic DJI are sold on Amazon for £11.

Piotras85, did those props arrive like that?
I am asking as they do not seem to be in matched pairs.
DJI's blades are supplied in matched pairs and the instruction manual etc. points out that if one blade of a pair is damaged BOTH blades should be changed.
I guess the matching is for weight balance and maybe pitch.
If I am correct I would have some concerns about picking two random blades from a tub, as it appears you will have to do. Bear in mind that these things seem to be rotating at upwards of 10,000rpm so accurate balancing might be quite important.

PS can you clarify "the holes not fits for the bolts" please? Are the holes too big, too small, wrongly shaped, too deep, too shallow etc.
Thanks

Piotras85, did those props arrive like that?
I am asking as they do not seem to be in matched pairs.
DJI's blades are supplied in matched pairs and the instruction manual etc. points out that if one blade of a pair is damaged BOTH blades should be changed.
I guess the matching is for weight balance and maybe pitch.
If I am correct I would have some concerns about picking two random blades from a tub, as it appears you will have to do. Bear in mind that these things seem to be rotating at upwards of 10,000rpm so accurate balancing might be quite important.

PS can you clarify "the holes not fits for the bolts" please? Are the holes too big, too small, wrongly shaped, too deep, too shallow etc.
Thanks
The props was 4 and 4 but not matched i looked at the original one before removing them, and put the same CF prop in the place, you must be careful before installing them.

The props was 4 and 4 but not matched i looked at the original one before removing them, and put the same CF prop in the place, you must be careful before installing them.
And i drilled the holes a little bit the hole was to tight.

I haven't had any personal experience with CF blades.
However, videos I've seen on Youtube seem to consider that CF props are bad for GPS and possibly signal for remote.
Like I said, not based on first hand experience.
Personally, I'd rather stick to DJI props for my expensive flying camera (MA) - save a few $£pc etc and it could all come crashing down.
On the other hand, although they are not to my liking I've heard/read some good things about the Master Air Screw props. Cheaper than the DJI and also lower the tone so it sounds less noisy. I'm not sure if they do MA2 props yet or not.

Carbon could be more light weight and be more durable.

QUOTE="Starz, post: 1004895, member: 4925"]
What are you expecting to gain by the use of the props?
[/QUOTE]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volpe