DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Carbon filter props and prop guards

I have a set but I have not tried them yet. Not seen anyone else use them either. I noticed they are heavier than the stock dji props.
That’s a little concerning if the new props put the drone over 250 grams.

Like I guess many of us, downloading the new firmware for The Mavic Mini has kicked off the problems with the props. For me it flies, hovers, etc., just fine for 5-10 minutes then I get the screen command to return to base and replace the propellers.

Are you using the CF props after update?

There's always a big risk you take when using 3rd part accessories, be it batteries or props. As they are 100% linked to whether or not you have a successful flight. I'd suggest avoid the temptation and stick with OEM.

A friend of mine and 2-3 people at PhantomPilots have reported flying their P4P's with non OEM props (generally different coloured plastic versions, not necessarily CFs) and have watched in horror, as a propellor goes flying off (despite it being secure before flight) and the bird dropping from the sky.

Plus. carbon fibre is made in such a way that at high speeds, when crashing into an obstacle, like a wall or tree, the prop/s will disintegrate or shatter on contact....if that happens, forget about your other 3 props making corrections in the air or working over-time to stabilise...you will instead watch as your MM falls from the sky. Even with OEM props and losing a motor (or props on that motor) the same thing would happen. It's no surprose DJI software of flight paramters are picking up inconsistencies.

If you want to be covered by DJI Care, too, then you should think about eliminating any and all problems that related to 3rd party items. Just a thought...

RoOSTA

Reactions: SouthButNotOut
Are you using the CF props after update?

There's always a big risk you take when using 3rd part accessories, be it batteries or props. As they are 100% linked to whether or not you have a successful flight. I'd suggest avoid the temptation and stick with OEM.

A friend of mine and 2-3 people at PhantomPilots have reported flying their P4P's with non OEM props (generally different coloured plastic versions, not necessarily CFs) and have watched in horror, as a propellor goes flying off (despite it being secure before flight) and the bird dropping from the sky.

Plus. carbon fibre is made in such a way that at high speeds, when crashing into an obstacle, like a wall or tree, the prop/s will disintegrate or shatter on contact....if that happens, forget about your other 3 props making corrections in the air or working over-time to stabilise...you will instead watch as your MM falls from the sky. Even with OEM props and losing a motor (or props on that motor) the same thing would happen. It's no surprose DJI software of flight paramters are picking up inconsistencies.

If you want to be covered by DJI Care, too, then you should think about eliminating any and all problems that related to 3rd party items. Just a thought...

RoOSTA
Normally I might agree with you but for two things;
1) I'm a long-term user of Master Airscrew props on my Mavic Pro Platinum, and I find them a superior upgrade to the DJI 8330 and 8331 prop's in pretty much every way.
2) There is now a well documented trail that points to the frail nature of the stock DJI props on the Mavic Mini contributing to them being lost and damaged due to the rear props being deformed during storage in the Fly More case.
For those reasons, I'd ask you to remember (or if you aren't as old as I am, to look up) the Ford Edsel. Not everything that is OEM is good!
Personally, I think the best and most reliable thing you could ever do for your Mavic Mini, is buy it a set of carbon fibre props. That way you won't ever need to call on your DJI Care!

Reactions: dap455
Normally I might agree with you but for two things;
1) I'm a long-term user of Master Airscrew props on my Mavic Pro Platinum, and I find them a superior upgrade to the DJI 8330 and 8331 prop's in pretty much every way.
2) There is now a well documented trail that points to the frail nature of the stock DJI props on the Mavic Mini contributing to them being lost and damaged due to the rear props being deformed during storage in the Fly More case.
For those reasons, I'd ask you to remember (or if you aren't as old as I am, to look up) the Ford Edsel. Not everything that is OEM is good!
Personally, I think the best and most reliable thing you could ever do for your Mavic Mini, is buy it a set of carbon fibre props. That way you won't ever need to call on your DJI Care!

Fair enough. You outrank me here... And I cannot attest to owning any form of Mavic up until the recent purchase of my mini. There is a massive difference between screw in props to twist on, which the P4P uses. So I conceed!

Fair enough. You outrank me here... And I cannot attest to owning any form of Mavic up until the recent purchase of my mini. There is a massive difference between screw in props to twist on, which the P4P uses. So I conceed!
Sorry if I came across in an 'out-ranking' tone @roosta - that wasn't my intention ... Even though I don't own a Mavic Mini I have become very anti their prop's due to other threads I've been involved in. There are good reasons to have the stock DJI around when you make a DJI Care claim - but my advice would be - have them handy in a drawer and swap them before you sent the MM in to get a warranty replacement :D as I think you are actually reducing the risk of a problem or possible DJI Care claim by getting rid of the stock props.

Sorry if I came across in an 'out-ranking' tone @roosta - that wasn't my intention ... Even though I don't own a Mavic Mini I have become very anti their prop's due to other threads I've been involved in. There are good reasons to have the stock DJI around when you make a DJI Care claim - but my advice would be - have them handy in a drawer and swap them before you sent the MM in to get a warranty replacement :D as I think you are actually reducing the risk of a problem or possible DJI Care claim by getting rid of the stock props.

All good buddy, what i said was just tongue in cheek.:p Your points are valid and reasonable. Given my mini costs one-third of my Phantom, I may...in due course... be tempted to try non-OEM props. That would probably be if I'm trying to drive some sort of colour matching agenda, lol.

But I have never really bothered with that sort of thing since I don't want to use 'sticker decals' (as sold by DJI) and would prefer to completely change the colour of the mini's body through purchasing another shell. On that note, I'm very surprised no 3rd party company has produced anything that's a different colour (maintaining same weight)..?

RoOSTA

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaffainNL