DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Care Refresh Date "Reset" by DJI

AlanTheBeast

Reactions
I wrote some pretty terse e-mails to DJI demanding that my warranty and Care Refresh be extended by 2 weeks to cover for their abysmal turnaround time.

They have been mute on warranty (which I sort of get as it is a warranty repair), but "she" did say in an e-mail:

Dear Alan,
Thank you for the patience.
We already received an update from the designated department regarding the resetting of the care plan.
They said that they will reset it on 04-17-2017.
Rest assured that you will be notified thru email once there is an update.
etc.​

So, remains to be seen if they actually do "reset" the CR to 17 April or if they extend it by "some amount" on 17 April. (Monday).

My advice to you all is to demand warranty extensions and CR extensions if your bird has spend an unusually long time at DJI. (Well "usual" for them).

Reactions: gbracer08
I missed the refresh offer as DJI has a pretty good marketing plan to try and help the customer miss the 48 hour deadline. The ridiculously small card they include in the box has the smallest print I have ever seen and with such an important offer. A good company would include a large "ATTENTION" sheet right when you open the box announcing this offer. This is my only disappointment thus far with my purchase of this DJI model and I doubt it is even worth trying to purchase the refresh after a couple of weeks even though it's only been flown a few times. Very pathetically disappointing.:confused:

Reactions: HiVac
I missed the refresh offer as DJI has a pretty good marketing plan to try and help the customer miss the 48 hour deadline. The ridiculously small card they include in the box has the smallest print I have ever seen and with such an important offer. A good company would include a large "ATTENTION" sheet right when you open the box announcing this offer. This is my only disappointment thus far with my purchase of this DJI model and I doubt it is even worth trying to purchase the refresh after a couple of weeks even though it's only been flown a few times. Very pathetically disappointing.:confused:

Sounds like a bad marketing plan to me. It is not in DJI's best interest for you to not have CR. It's a profit making device for them.

I researched pretty well online before purchasing so I was well aware of CR. So when I opened the box and pulled out the bird, the next thing I did was register the bird and purchase the CR before the first battery was charged.

I never even noticed the CR "card".

You can get CR after the 48 hour window but it requires sending in all sorts of flight test data to prove it's still in perfect order.

As to my post above ... CR has been reset for 1 year from 15 April per an e-mail I received today.

I contacted DJI and they did confirm that if you missed the 48 hour deadline for the refresh there is a process to apply for it.
You basically have to create a video showing your Mavic in various operative stages. Submit the video and hope they approve it . Here is a link explaining the process :

DJI_Care Customer Upload Information

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zenbookwriting