DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Care Refresh Good Value?

Hi Everyone. I haven't yet pulled the trigger on the purchase of my Mavic 3 Pro and I'm looking for opinions on the value of Care Refresh.
I'm based in the UK, by the way, but I expect to spend a lot of time in the EU and Ukraine.
I find it odd that they can send you a used replacement, and that in this forum people say some replacements have faults.
I also believe they will only send replacements to the country where you bought the original, which I understand, but there are about 30 countries in the EU! (btw, I apologise for Brexit). This also suggests that the service standards might vary from one country to another.
I'd be grateful for opinions, both good and bad, please. Or, ... is it a no-brainer that, as a novice, I should buy CR? TIA.
I have not read the prior answers but I can just urge you strongly to get it . I have used Care Refresh with every single drone I have owned (Mavic Air 1 red), Mavic 2 Pro twice, Mavic Mini 2. You will not regret it. And I had great support and service every time.

Dale
Miami

Reactions: Martin-123
My experience last fall after having lost my Air 2S with the DJI insurance was quick.
The downside was that the cost of a replacement combined with the cost of the insurance was pretty much the same as buying the drone alone.

On my next DJI drone purchase I will pass on the refresh.

My experience last fall after having lost my Air 2S with the DJI insurance was quick.
The downside was that the cost of a replacement combined with the cost of the insurance was pretty much the same as buying the drone alone.

On my next DJI drone purchase I will pass on the refresh.

I'm unclear on what you are saying - it sounds like you purchased a replacement drone instead of using refresh? What "cost of replacement" are you referring to? The "incident" fee? (not sure what they call it). I thought that was only something like $60.

I'm unclear on what you are saying - it sounds like you purchased a replacement drone instead of using refresh? What "cost of replacement" are you referring to? The "incident" fee? (not sure what they call it). I thought that was only something like $60.
Replacement cost is determined by the drone model and whether it is your first, second or third replacement. A Mavic 3 Cine is much more than a Mini 2. But STILL waaayyy less than the cost of the drone.

Welcome to the forums!

I have used the Care Refresh service once with my Mini 2. The service was fast and I found it to be well worth the money.

After losing my first drone relatively quickly and crashing my second drone, I opted to buy care refresh for my third drone (a mini 3 pro). I'm hoping that now that I've actually bought it, I won't need it, but if I do, it will be money well spent. I just consider it like any insurance - you hope you don't need it.

Given all the feedback I've seen about it, it seems to be pretty good overall - most people seem to have a very positive experience when using it.
Thank you Buddy.

I have purchased Care Refresh for drones in the past, and did have one claim. They handled the claim promptly. Since then, I have gone with a State Farm personal items policy. It is zero deductible, (vs. $75 for DJI, if I remember correctly), and they will pay if the drone is lost or stolen, as well. It costs about $75 per year. My agent pointed out that I could add more items without the premium going up. I now have 3 drones, an iPad Mini I use for one of the drones, and 3 guitars on the policy. After adding the last couple guitars, the premium did go up a bit, but is still cheaper than DJI CR.

I realize you are in the UK, and I don't know if State Farm does business there, but you could look for a similar policy with a different company. I saw where someone mentioned adding it to your homeowner's insurance, but I like to keep them separate so that a claim for a drone doesn't raise my home's rates for years after.

After losing my first drone relatively quickly and crashing my second drone, I opted to buy care refresh for my third drone (a mini 3 pro). I'm hoping that now that I've actually bought it, I won't need it, but if I do, it will be money well spent. I just consider it like any insurance - you hope you don't need it.

Given all the feedback I've seen about it, it seems to be pretty good overall - most people seem to have a very positive experience when using it.
Thank you Buddy.
Welcome to the forums!

I have used the Care Refresh service once with my Mini 2. The service was fast and I found it to be well worth the money.
Thank you Jim.

Reactions: FlyinBrian92
Having 1-year minimum coverage of DJI Refresh is recommended

A friend of mine said I should name my drones - he suggested drone 1 (a mavic mini) be "crash 1", the replacement, another mavic mini be "crash 2" and now my replacement mini 3 pro be "crash 3" - I'm hoping I have learned enough to not crash this one - but if I do, I now have care refresh to help. FYI, "crash 2" still flies, it just has a broken gimbal, so the video is crooked - but it is good to practice flying with - although I've been doing all my practice flying with the mini 3 pro - I REALLY like that drone and the RC controller.

Sorry for the off topic message....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom