DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Care Refresh Purchase Hassles

jmaass

Reactions
Very much annoyed by DJI's requirements for me to purchase 'DJI Care Refresh' for my 4-day-old Mavic 2 Pro.

Purchased a new Mavic 2 Pro (my second), which I received and activated four days ago. I haven't flown it yet, having put it aside after powering it to get familiar with the Smart Controller.

Tonight, I went to purchase DJI Care Refresh on it, and it complains that the Mavic 2 was activated over 48 hours ago. The web page provided a link with instructions on how to register even though it was activated 2 days too late. OK.

The requirements: I am to record a video with 14 images or actions of the drone, including serial numbers, calibrating the compass, formatting the SD card, demonstrating he gimbal moving, flying up, flying down, flying forward, flying backward, rotating, etc. etc. etc. The video is supposed to be uploaded to YouTube and the link sent to them for review!

Good grief! I haven't flown it, I certainly have not crashed it, and DJI has the capability to remotely confirm that without me becoming a moviemaker and posting my serial numbers in a public forum! Although I purchased Care Refresh on each of the four DJI drones I've purchased before, I expect that I'll just keep my $149 this time.

Reactions: Mrmund
Very much annoyed by DJI's requirements for me to purchase 'DJI Care Refresh' for my 4-day-old Mavic 2 Pro.

Purchased a new Mavic 2 Pro (my second), which I received and activated four days ago. I haven't flown it yet, having put it aside after powering it to get familiar with the Smart Controller.

Tonight, I went to purchase DJI Care Refresh on it, and it complains that the Mavic 2 was activated over 48 hours ago. The web page provided a link with instructions on how to register even though it was activated 2 days too late. OK.

The requirements: I am to record a video with 14 images or actions of the drone, including serial numbers, calibrating the compass, formatting the SD card, demonstrating he gimbal moving, flying up, flying down, flying forward, flying backward, rotating, etc. etc. etc. The video is supposed to be uploaded to YouTube and the link sent to them for review!

Good grief! I haven't flown it, I certainly have not crashed it, and DJI has the capability to remotely confirm that without me becoming a moviemaker and posting my serial numbers in a public forum! Although I purchased Care Refresh on each of the four DJI drones I've purchased before, I expect that I'll just keep my $149 this time.
it is annoying, but it does say you have 48 hours after activation to purchase care refresh,and really being a old hand at purchasing care refresh before, you cant really blame DJI for your mistake

DJI hadn't advertised refresh for Mini as much as they had for other models though.

They're even ambiguous about the video option.

OK, mea culpa. I should have remembered the 48-hour "deadline".

It's been a couple years since my last DJI drone purchase, and purchasing Care Refresh was not the top of my list of priorities for the week. I was focused on getting familiar with the new-to-me Smart Controller and getting the new Mavic 2 Pro configured to match my other one before having an opportunity to get outside to fly it.

However, DJI does not go out of their way to document the 48-hour deadline in the box - a very small text on the blue card describing Care Refresh in the box with the manuals. Care Refresh is not mentioned in the Quick Start Guide or User Manual at all. My recollection is that, at least for the Mavic Pro, there was a prominent sheet to describe Care Refresh and advise the new owner (or to remind the distracted repeat owner) to purchase Real Soon Now. This 'video option' backup method seems to be new since my last purchases.

It is what it is.

Reactions: old man mavic
perhaps it differs depending on where you purchase it from,it is certainly pushed in your face if you purchase it from DJI direct or a DJI registered dealer,when you go on the web site about the time you have to register for the care package,at least it was when i purchased mine

Reactions: shaneb50
I the same with my mini. First drone. Opened up and charged it. Started it in the house, then had to wait 4 days for a non windy day. Finally learned about care refresh. I made the video. Posted on YouTube and sent in the info. Now a week later and no response other than the initial reply email that they had my request. I noticed that my YouTube video has been viewed twice

I had a similar situation when I purchased my first drone, a DJI MPP at Best Buy in December 2018. I did not open the box for 2 weeks. When I finally unpacked the drone and read the materials, I realized DJI had an insurance program called Care Refresh. When I attempted to purchase Care Refresh online, I ran into the same issue as you did. My purchase date was not within 48 hours. I contacted DJI support and explained the situation. I needed to send some qualifying information to them that the drone had never been used, but it was definitely not the litany of info they are requesting from you. I guess things have changed since I went through this over a year ago.

[/QUOTE]

I bought my M2P drone in May. I did not get the DJI refresh and honestly did not know about it. Had a crash in September....my fault. What did DJI do ?

They actually treated me very nice and charged me $87.00 for a new craft. The craft seemed to be new and not a refurb.

Upon receiving the new craft, I received very detailed info on Refresh and procedures to purchase.....which I did. It states you must purchase within 48 hours of activation or video confirmation of craft will be necessary.

I activated a few days later and purchased Refresh to avoid the extra steps.....which do seem to be more tedious. But I see why they do it that way.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato