DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Carry all Backpack for the Mavic

regdawg

Reactions
I've seen the thread for the bags that everyone has for their Mavics but I was wondering if there are any bags out there that you guys can recommend that will carry the Mavic, a DSLR, Gopros, all their accessories, tablet, and personal items (external batteries. I'm going on vacation next month and looking for a backpack that will carry all these comfortably and safely. I watched videos on youtube on different bags but its hard to get a definite picture.

The bags that caught my eye:
Manfrotto 3N1 35 (or might go a step down, the 3n1 25)
Manfrotto Advanced Tri Backpack Large
Lowepro protactic 350

Anyone have any experience with these bags and how much were you able to fit? If you have other suggestions, I'm open to them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fly4grub
Reactions: Charliepapa
I have been looking for a backpack too, but have not seen any I like. So all I did for now is put in the bag that came with the fly more combo in to a regular backpack that I have. Although it has some "audio" ports and special places for mp3, cell phone, etc. I also wanted to have a place for my portable external Battery Pack charging system that I built, shown in this link. It might be beneficial for you when you travel. Gets 7 Mavic battery charges with these two battery banks. Each battery is just under 1 KG, but worth the convenience.

Hiking Mavic Pro - Battery Bank Charging System - Proven

I know you were asking for feedback on the backpacks listed in your initial post, but I thought I would make a suggestion:

Amazon.com : Dakine Mission Photo Backpack : Sports & Outdoors

I use this as my every day backpack to and from work and when I'm traveling. It has a removable cube that holds:
-Mavic Pro
-2 Additional Batteries
-Remote
-Charger
-Landing gear
-Additional Props
-Nikon D3300 with a 17-50mm lens attached
-Additional battery and charger
-Sigma 10-20mm lens
-Slew of ND filters for both my DSLR and Mavic Pro
-MacBook Air
-MacBook Air Charger
-Sunglasses
-Mefoto Road Trip Tripod (Attached with the clips on the face of the bag)

Obviously the bag weighs a fair amount when fully loaded with the above, but it holds everything and provides great protection. It's extremely durable and looks great, in my opinion. I wouldn't hesitate to buy this bag again.

I know you were asking for feedback on the backpacks listed in your initial post, but I thought I would make a suggestion:

Amazon.com : Dakine Mission Photo Backpack : Sports & Outdoors

I use this as my every day backpack to and from work and when I'm traveling. It has a removable cube that holds:
-Mavic Pro
-2 Additional Batteries
-Remote
-Charger
-Landing gear
-Additional Props
-Nikon D3300 with a 17-50mm lens attached
-Additional battery and charger
-Sigma 10-20mm lens
-Slew of ND filters for both my DSLR and Mavic Pro
-MacBook Air
-MacBook Air Charger
-Sunglasses
-Mefoto Road Trip Tripod (Attached with the clips on the face of the bag)

Obviously the bag weighs a fair amount when fully loaded with the above, but it holds everything and provides great protection. It's extremely durable and looks great, in my opinion. I wouldn't hesitate to buy this bag again.

That bag actually looks nice. I actually have a DaKine shoulder bag that I sometimes use. So everything is placed into that Cube? How big is your MacBook? I have a Surface Pro that I will be bring with me to.

That bag actually looks nice. I actually have a DaKine shoulder bag that I sometimes use. So everything is placed into that Cube? How big is your MacBook? I have a Surface Pro that I will be bring with me to.

Apologies, everything listed above my MacBook is placed in the cube. I have a 13inch MacBook air and there is a dedicated Laptop/Tablet sleeve in one of the pockets .

Backpack that made for camera is no good for the Mavic. The protection isn't good. I still like those Pelican case.

I have the Amazon Basics backpack.
AmazonBasics DSLR and Laptop Backpack - Orange interior: Amazon.ca: Camera & Photo
I've travelled extensively with it throughout North America and Europe with it, and I'm very happy with it.
I used to only have my DSLR equipment in it, but now that I have the Mavic, I put that in there. Currently I have in it:

Pentax DSLR
3 Lenses (1 small Prime, 2 medium Telephoto)
2 DSLR batteries
Flash
Flash Controller
Mavic Pro
Mavic Controller
Mavic Charger and cables
Taco RC Filters
2 batteries
15.6" laptop
10" Tablet
extra odds and ends (SD Cards, cables, etc)
It can get kind of heavy though when it is loaded up like this. But it works for me.

How so? I can't say I agree with your statement.

It doesn't protect as good as a dedicate one. If u just throw a Mavic in DSLR bag it will shake and rattle. An DSLR buddy has less movement parts. the MP it has a lot moving part(blade,gimbal).

It doesn't protect as good as a dedicate one. If u just throw a Mavic in DSLR bag it will shake and rattle. An DSLR buddy has less movement parts. the MP it has a lot moving part(blade,gimbal).

Not sure about the difference between a DSLR backpack vs the Shoulder bag that DJI gives in the Fly more combo. They would both move just as much inside each of them.
Also, dedicated bag or not, it will depend on how you carry it, and how much you shake. Since my DSLR bag is customizable, I have it conformed to the case that the Mavic is in (so I have it in a dedicated case, then inside my backpack).

I have the Lowepro Viewpoint Bp 250. I absolutely love it. I use it on weekends just for my Magic and accessories. When I travel during the week, I add most of the contents of my briefcase including laptop and it holds it all well.

I have the Lowepro Viewpoint Bp 250. I absolutely love it. I use it on weekends just for my Magic and accessories. When I travel during the week, I add most of the contents of my briefcase including laptop and it holds it all well.

I saw that bag, it looks nice. So the mavic goes in the removable case, how big is the top area where you can put personal items? As stated I will be taking this on vacation so need to be able to carry my electronics (Mavic, gopro, Surface Pro 4 and their accessories/chargers). Also hoping to have room for snacks, headphones, coloring books, etc for my kids. Stuff to keep them busy on the plane...LoL.

I saw that bag, it looks nice. So the mavic goes in the removable case, how big is the top area where you can put personal items? As stated I will be taking this on vacation so need to be able to carry my electronics (Mavic, gopro, Surface Pro 4 and their accessories/chargers). Also hoping to have room for snacks, headphones, coloring books, etc for my kids. Stuff to keep them busy on the plane...LoL.

The top area is about the size of the case the Mavic fits into (outside dimensions) or maybe a tad larger. You can also buy extras of the "Mavic Case" portion that you could use for Go-pros as well. There is a padded compartment in the back that holds a laptop and an iPad. Also a couple of smaller pockets. But, I don't think it would be big enough for the Mavic, the Go-Pros, the Surface Pro 4 AND all of the snacks, etc for the kids. I think they might make a bigger version but I'm not sure.

Are you guys using a case for the mavic to put into these carry all bags? If so... which one are you using?

I've got the LowePro ProTactic 250 and it is perfect. I have the Mavic, controller, 2 spare batteries, two sets of spare props, 3-pack of filters and an iPad mini. Very discrete bag for transporting a drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rejdmast