DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Carrying batteries on a plane

peteair75

Reactions
I will be travelling with the Mavic Air in carry on luggage, on Singapore Airlines,SINGAPORE AIRLINES.JPG and reading the General Restrictions info it says for Lithium batteries "Watt-hours not exceeding 100/Lithium content not exceeding 2g ".
I understand the Watt-hours , but I do not know anything about the Lithium content. Does anyone know what the lithium content is for a M A battery ?

Are you sure they say 2g of equivalent lithium metal? 100wh = roughly 8g. If they mean 2g they should say 25wh otherwise is stupid given you won’t have a 100wh pack with 2g of equivalent lithium metal.

This is what I don't understand or know how to work it out , the M A battery is 27.43 Wh so how many Gramms of lithium ?MAVIC AIR BATTERY SPECIFICATIONS.JPG

I will be travelling with the Mavic Air in carry on luggage, on Singapore Airlines,View attachment 77492 and reading the General Restrictions info it says for Lithium batteries "Watt-hours not exceeding 100/Lithium content not exceeding 2g ".
I understand the Watt-hours , but I do not know anything about the Lithium content. Does anyone know what the lithium content is for a M A battery ?
Your Mavic batteries have their capacity in watt hours printed on them.
They are well below the limit.You'll have no problem carrying them on the plane.
Just make sure they are in your carry-on, not in checked luggage.

My wife just flew with 3 of my batteries for my MA. As Meta4 posted they HAVE to be in carry on NOT checked. Each was in a clear zip lock bag. The TSA agent asked her what they were for, she told them, no problems.

That's why they ask if you have smart luggage with batteries when you check luggage in. No batteries allowed in checked bags.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000