DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Carrying MP on motorcycle

j.r.r.

Reactions
I would appreciate any advises/suggestions regarding transporting MP drone (Fly More Combo) with CS Ultra monitors on the motorcycle. My preference would be some sort of waterproof bag/case I could mount on the rear rack of my bike (photo below). I like to ride next month to Atlantic Canada and I would like to take my MP with me.

20161015_160537.jpg

off the top of my head... id use a clamp mount, put the mavic in a polarpro katana, with a quick release plate

that way you could film wifi a bit while driving and be able to remove it quickly to prepare for flight.

use my backpack tarp cover bungi'd to the rack there if I felt comfortable enough to leave it out.

Thank you for suggestions. This is my first multi-day trip on my motorcycle and I have no idea what will work. Looks like I have to treat this as experiment :) and learn on my own mistakes. At this point I like the idea of putting small bag on the rear rack, something which would be easily removed/installed and if there is a shoulder strap it should work fine. Another solution would be a proper top-case but I have to admit I'm not big enthusiast of top cases :(

I carry the entire Fly More bundle in my saddle bag using the Fly More bag. Plenty of room. My only real issue is the lack of ability to charge a Mavic battery while out on the bike.

I would appreciate any advises/suggestions regarding transporting MP drone (Fly More Combo) with CS Ultra monitors on the motorcycle. My preference would be some sort of waterproof bag/case I could mount on the rear rack of my bike (photo below). I like to ride next month to Atlantic Canada and I would like to take my MP with me.

View attachment 41917
You might look at something similar to what I use: the Lowepro ViewPoint BP 250 Backpack for DJI Mavic (or one of their other packs). The only issue I can see with it might be wet weather, but it's a great system that easily handles my MP, 4 batteries, RC, CS monitor, accessories, logbooks, and more.

Reactions: Trolleydodger
Decided to go with top case :) It is not what I like but from practicality point of view looks like the best solution. I will install the case only if I go for more than 2 days trips, other than that it will be sitting on the shelf in my garage. Thank you all for your comments, suggestions, and advice!

I have the Givi tanklock system and the 5 litre bag will nicely take Mavic, Controller and two batteries, with room for phone in the lid if you don't want it in your pocket.
It unclips in an instant and makes a very useful carry case too even if not on the bike.

Mine is like this, but the design seems to have been revised slightly recently.
Givi Metro-T Range Tanklock Tank Bag 5L (MT505)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka