DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Case for 2 Mavic 2's

FatherXmas

Reactions
Has anyone that bought 2 Mavic 2s found a case that both will fit in plus controllers, batteries, etc.

Has anyone that bought 2 Mavic 2s found a case that both will fit in plus controllers, batteries, etc.

Here is a design for one. I just worked this up at mycasebuilder.com.
It would cost $256.52 + $8.99 shipping with standard foam. ($40 upgrade for pro cell)
It would hold 2 birds. 6 batteries (2 in the birds), 2 Remotes, spare props and has a 2" x 2" pocket for misc.
I did not put in charger, as you would have to go to a larger case. (I never put chargers in my cases as I never take them on a shoot. When I travel, I put charger in my suitcase.)

Attachments

• 2m2p_a.jpg
    2m2p_a.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 84
  • 2m2p_b.jpg
    2m2p_b.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 89
  • 2m2p_c.jpg
    2m2p_c.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 84
  • 2m2p_d.jpg
    2m2p_d.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 82
It would cost $256.52 + $8.99 shipping with standard foam. ($40 upgrade for pro cell)
It would hold 2 birds. 6 batteries (2 in the birds), 2 Remotes, spare props and has a 2" x 2" pocket for misc.
I did not put in charger, as you would have to go to a larger case. (I never put chargers in my cases as I never take them on a shoot. When I travel, I put charger in my suitcase.)

I just bought a Endurax back pack for $109 off of Amazon. I have been researching packs that would accommodate all my camera equipment, this pack is phenomenal. The storage in this pack is more than ample. It had to be engineers that designed this pack.

I just sent you a message about a similar case. I already have an extra Pelican 1510 and would like to discuss a similar layout with a couple of additions?

Thanks
Mark

For a hard case, you won't find a better one than the GPC Mavic 2 case. It holds PLENTY and has storage for up to an iPad Pro 10.5.

As far as soft cases, there are any number of camera bags that can carry all you need ranging from small to large, green to pink/purple/camo, you name it. I bought a Manfrotto (well-known, well-made camera accessory maker) Street Large Messenger Bag that works extremely well and is my casual regular use bag for hauling around an M2P, 3 batteries, remote, iPad 10.5, etc. It was on special with B&H for under $30, they don't currently sell it but you can find it.

I have two Nanuk 920's; one for MP/MPP and the other for M2P/Z. Click on highlighted link to see each one on Amazon.

If you want, Nanuk offers the custom foam from either case and an empty 920 case.
prices varry but Amazon, B&H and Nanuk have pieces, just shop for price .
Case is in the neighborhood of $65 and the foam goes for about $45

I have two Nanuk 920's; one for MP/MPP and the other for M2P/Z. Click on highlighted link to see each one on Amazon.

If you want, Nanuk offers the custom foam from either case and an empty 920 case.
prices varry but Amazon, B&H and Nanuk have pieces, just shop for price .
Case is in the neighborhood of $65 and the foam goes for about $45

Is there a way, or have you figured one out, to keep a MavMount (assuming you have one) and an iPad Pro 10.5 in it?

@LakeTravis , I hope you are safe and I say a prayer for those affected by the recent flooding
iPad 10.5 and MavMount is a piece of cake in a nanuk 920 for Mavic 2. I kept my MPP and it is in a 920 case for MP/MPP

Where I fly I am about 90% without cellular so I travel with the Titan switch in it's case and the Marco Polo.

Here is how I pack the Nanuk 920

Case     .jpg

The foam is held in by just a couple of
touches of some type of glue, I put my
iPad Pro 10.5 behind the foam
iPad Pro 10.5     .jpg

I separate the tablet holder and put
it on the left side, the base fits in a cutout
Case open     .jpg

Any questions, ask

@LakeTravis , I hope you are safe and I say a prayer for those affected by the recent flooding
iPad 10.5 and MavMount is a piece of cake in a nanuk 920 for Mavic 2. I kept my MPP and it is in a 920 case for MP/MPP

Where I fly I am about 90% without cellular so I travel with the Titan switch in it's case and the Marco Polo.

View attachment 51527

View attachment 51528

View attachment 51531

Any questions, ask

Geez you have the same problem I do! I posted a case and realized he needs a case that holds 2 drones in the same case. Hahaha!

Crazy idea. Buy two hard cases and attach them back to back with super Velcro. That way, you can separate them of you want to.

View attachment 51527

View attachment 51528

View attachment 51531

Any questions, ask

May I ask what are the dimensions for the Nanuk 920? I'm currently looking at 3 options for hard case solutions. 1) DJI Mavic 2 Protector Case - https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-2-protector-case 2) GPC - https://www.amazon.com/…/…/B07GX9GSBW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2… and 3) Nanuk 920 - https://www.amazon.com/…/…/B07HPNGFPZ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3… If anyone else has any one of these, can you please share the dimensions of these cases? I'm trying to find the one with smallest footprint. Thanks!

Look into polar pro’s “drone Trekker” it is marketed for a phantom but has no problem packing both My Mavic 2’s (pro and zoom) controllers, batteries and 7.85 crystal sky. Take a look... it’s on amazon and polar pro’s website.

Look into polar pro’s “drone Trekker” it is marketed for a phantom but has no problem packing both My Mavic 2’s (pro and zoom) controllers, batteries and 7.85 crystal sky. Take a look... it’s on amazon and polar pro’s website.
That's the one I ended up getting. Both Mavic 2s, 6 batteries total, tablet adapter and iPad Mini 4 along with spare props and all the other stuff - all fit perfectly.

Thanks guys, but I just ended up picking up the Apache case 2800 from Harbor Freight. I thought spending $19.99 plus tax was well worth it. I have to customize the inner foam but hopefully it's not too cumbersome... For those that might be interested, please check next link. Apache Protective Case

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeoTony