DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Case to hold Smart Controller set up and M2P?

PC1134

Reactions
I have the Fly More Case and my M2P fits, as does my Smart Controller disassembled, but I'm looking for a case which allows for the SC to be inserted with sticks and lanyard attached. Needs to fit M2P, 2 batts and charging accessories, ND filters, spare props etc. I'm in Oz.

Any ideas?

Will fit the way you want in soft case, but no additional batteries.

I can stow the batts in the mesh side pockets I guess?

I initially bought the DJI Mavic 2 Hardcase, from DJI because it already had the cut-outs for the Smart Controller. I liked it when I received it but there just wasn't enough room in it for all the Filters, etc that I carry with me so I returned it to DJI. Here's a link to it:
Buy Mavic 2 Protector Case - DJI Store

After some more research, I discovered the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Case and because it has way more storage in the case (once you remove the Enterprise Accessories section) AND has the cutout for the Smart Controller, I went ahead and ordered that one from B&H. B&H was the only Vendor I found at the time I ordered that would sell me one with free shipping. I received it a couple days ago and am very satisfied with it as it suits MY needs perfectly. Only drawback is it has a decal on the exterior that says "Mavic 2 Enterprise" and of course, mine isnt an Emterprise. Just a Mavic 2 Pro.
Both Cases are DJI Cases and have the same cost, $149.
Here's a link to this case:
DJIMavic 2 Enterprise Part6 Protector Case

I can stow the batts in the mesh side pockets I guess?

Yes, that will work, but I don't like it much that way. So, I remove the sticks, but leave the lanyard attached. Push the screen side completely flat against the center divider and then it is possible to get one extra battery into the case, next to the bottom of the SC. A bit of a squeeze, but it works better than the mesh pockets for me. I use one of the mesh pockets for spare props. The other one empty (possibly worst case a third battery). The front zippered pocket contains my filters.

Since I typically take my RE Goggles as well (with a shoulder case for the Goggles), I can pack 2 more batteries into that case while protecting the lens side of the goggles with a velcro divider.

Reactions: PC1134
Got it, thanks.

What I did find though, after the suggestion of an earlier poster, is the SC does fit with the sticks on, in the LHS of the Fly More Bag, with drone in RHS. Only issue are batteries which must go in the elastic side pockets, and chargers etc, have to go in another bag, so not totally self contained like you get with this case. I guess it also depends on your carry on limit on planes. In Australia, it is 7kg per person. Add in extra cameras, laptop etc and it becomes quite tricky, especially with only one or two flying. Not sure the weight of this case with gear installed would be?

I have the DJI case that fits the controller plus 3 spare batteries, charging equip, props and some filters (the 3 pack case fits). Got it from D1 store and very happy with it

Reactions: boldblue737
I have the Fly More Case and my M2P fits, as does my Smart Controller disassembled, but I'm looking for a case which allows for the SC to be inserted with sticks and lanyard attached. Needs to fit M2P, 2 batts and charging accessories, ND filters, spare props etc. I'm in Oz.

Any ideas?

I bought this one and it does surprisingly well for me with as shallow as it is compared to most other hard shell cases...and it was only $70 US...
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GSWGNJX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attachments

• 612AKoRKU5L._SL1000_.jpg
    612AKoRKU5L._SL1000_.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 38
The Mavic 2 Fly More Case will fit the smart remote but batteries will have to go in the mesh pockets. It's doable but protect the buttons (especially the 5D button) on the remote and you put it in and out of the case.

The DJI Mavic 2 Protector hard case has perfect cutouts for the Fly More Kit and either the Zoom or Pro drone and the cutout for the stock controller is specifically designed so you can remove two small pieces of foam and it opens the space to fit the smart controller exactly. Pricey at $150 but flying drones like this and buying smart controllers I felt ok about spending a $50-75 premium for the DJI hard case.

The Mavic 2 Fly More Case will fit the smart remote but batteries will have to go in the mesh pockets. It's doable but protect the buttons (especially the 5D button) on the remote and you put it in and out of the case.

The DJI Mavic 2 Protector hard case has perfect cutouts for the Fly More Kit and either the Zoom or Pro drone and the cutout for the stock controller is specifically designed so you can remove two small pieces of foam and it opens the space to fit the smart controller exactly. Pricey at $150 but flying drones like this and buying smart controllers I felt ok about spending a $50-75 premium for the DJI hard case.
Thanks for that, I will check this out. Is it a little less convenient to lug around though if you are traveling to a location on foot? I'm thinking the Fly More Case is easier to tote around than a small 'suitcase'? I haven't had one of these hard cases, but just surmising. Be interested in your thoughts on this before I launch in?

Thanks for that, I will check this out. Is it a little less convenient to lug around though if you are traveling to a location on foot? I'm thinking the Fly More Case is easier to tote around than a small 'suitcase'? I haven't had one of these hard cases, but just surmising. Be interested in your thoughts on this before I launch in?

Without question carrying a hard case around on foot isn't ideal, and frankly I wouldn't do it. For 2 years with the Mavic Pro and for 6 months with the Mavic 2 Pro I *only* used the Fly More Case or put pieces of the drone in a camera backpack if I wanted to take it somewhere. I've come to realize that packing everything in the Fly More case is a pain and really is like a jigsaw puzzle to do well and even then I can't take EVERYTHING like car chargers etc. so I was always leaving some piece at home. Further I realized that I do 75% of my drone use near home and from a car so the hard case solved a lot of problems. I now have a DJI protector case easy to pack, holds EVERYTHING I have for my drone so its neat and tidy even at home, and works well from my car trunk and short distance. If I needed to throw my drone in a duffle for a flight or something I would use the fly more case because I'd leave certain things behind and it takes up much less space, and if I needed to hike with my drone I'd use my camera backpack. Like I said, I get this is very "first world problems" but having a Mavic 2 Pro and a DJI Smart Controller for "pretty pictures" is very first world problem too.

Here is a video of the smart controller going in the DJI hard case...

Last edited:
Reactions: Pixar

Any ideas?

I just picked this case up and it is fantastic. I am able to stow the landing pad in the area where the iPad goes, and the Smart Controller fits perfectly.
Skip to 4:00 if not interested in the lanyards:

Without question carrying a hard case around on foot isn't ideal, and frankly I wouldn't do it. For 2 years with the Mavic Pro and for 6 months with the Mavic 2 Pro I *only* used the Fly More Case or put pieces of the drone in a camera backpack if I wanted to take it somewhere. I've come to realize that packing everything in the Fly More case is a pain and really is like a jigsaw puzzle to do well and even then I can't take EVERYTHING like car chargers etc. so I was always leaving some piece at home. Further I realized that I do 75% of my drone use near home and from a car so the hard case solved a lot of problems. I now have a DJI protector case easy to pack, holds EVERYTHING I have for my drone so its neat and tidy even at home, and works well from my car trunk and short distance. If I needed to throw my drone in a duffle for a flight or something I would use the fly more case because I'd leave certain things behind and it takes up much less space, and if I needed to hike with my drone I'd use my camera backpack. Like I said, I get this is very "first world problems" but having a Mavic 2 Pro and a DJI Smart Controller for "pretty pictures" is very first world problem too.

Here is a video of the smart controller going in the DJI hard case...

Thanks for your ideas here. I think what you say is really sound. I do a lot of traveling and walking to site before flying my drone, so the Fly More Case I think is vital, however, like you say, you can't stow all the other gear that comes with it, so I can really see the merit of the hard case, even with the AUD$199 price tag, but even then, compared to the M2P and the SC price, that is still nowhere near their cost, so is probably justifiable. Thanks again, very helpful.

I just picked this case up and it is fantastic. I am able to stow the landing pad in the area where the iPad goes, and the Smart Controller fits perfectly.
Skip to 4:00 if not interested in the lanyards:

I couldn't see a brand or where this is purchased? I live in Australia and buying kit from the US is expensive to ship, plus the exchange rate is not always kind. We get most of our stuff either from eBay (China) or from Aus resellers (we do have Amazon here).

the thing i like about the dji hard case is that the whole case fits into my polar pro backpack if i need to hike it in anywhere. It always comes down to personal preference i guess. For me, ive always liked a hard case. Although ive got that many of them kicking around here in my "work space" at home, my wife is starting to get on my case.
i have a problem with getting rid of stuff i never use anymore :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure