DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Case to hold Smart Controller set up and M2P?

Just got a Smatree backpack. It is what I selected for traveling, it gives me a combination of what I need, easy to transport, hard shell and I manage to fit my smart controller. It is not as hard as a hard case like the ones from Pelikan or DJI but it is a hard shell not soft as you would expect in a backpack. They had this model for Mavic 2 but not smart controller space. It has a space for GoPro hero camera. Looking into size of GoPro and SC I figure out it would fit. I took the risk and for me it work wonders. I am very happy with what I accomplish.

I had to remove the hard protective foam on the GoPro compartment and replace it with customizable magic foam. Wish I could have find a hard foam which could be customizable. If anyone know how to search in Amazon or somewhere else, please let me know.

This is what I accomplished with the customizable magic foam:

View attachment 64207

I even manage to have a space for my filter and some other accessories.

So the screen or display would not get scratch I have added a hard glass protector shield and I anyway cover it with a cleaning cloth before closing the compartment zipper:

View attachment 64208
This and image of the original product and a link to it:

View attachment 64209
https://www.amazon.com/Smatree-Backpack-Compatible-Mavic-GoPro/dp/B07D49PGH5

The good news is that I can still fit the original controller in the place for it on the main compartment so I can carry both, or just drop some other type of accessories in that space.

I wish Smatree would consider doing the foam form using the proper hard foam for the extra protection.

The customizable foam I used is the following:
https://www.amazon.com/Customizable...SM5Q87RC6T5&psc=1&refRID=KZ4E8K5MBSM5Q87RC6T5

If some knows how to find the hard foam please let me know.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki